• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you put your baby on a bottle?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was wondering when and how did you do it ? How did you wean the baby off the breast and how did you get her or him to get on the bottle? My 3 month old wont even take breastmilk from a bottle.. As much as i try she refuses ? any advice?? I have a program to do and She only likes to be on the breast but i need her on the bottle..I pump it out and put it in the bottle and she still dont want it..i tried different nipples even nipples that look like a breast! 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ballerina.2006
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Have someone else try and feed from the bottle. Baby knows when mom is trying to fool them and won't take it- my ds is like that anyways. So I'd start with someone else introducing the bottle and when she starts taking it then you can attempt bottle feeds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85

Bump

justone_jen
1 mom liked this
I didn't wean mine. She got bottles of my milk while I worked because it was that or starve. Mine wouldn't take a bottle if I was around.
Natashaxo
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Her father tried when i wasnt home one day and he said she didnt want to drink it still :(

justone_jen
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Do you want to exclusively pump? What's your plan?
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My DD LOVES Gripe water, so we put just a little Gripe Water in her mouth, and when she starts suckling on that to swallow it, we pop the bottle in then she realizes she gets milk from the bottle and drinks

gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hand baby and bottle to caregiver and leave. Done. That's it. Nothing more. If you're around the bottle is bound to be refused. The chance of refusal drops when you walk out the door. HOWEVER... Many babies will quite happily wait till mom comes home. Not a problem either. It's called reverse cycling and is completely normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)