Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Playtex drop-ins, Dr. Browns, or Tommee Tippee

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
These are the three types of bottles that we have. When Dd was in daycare she only would ever take the drop-ins which is what we have the most of. Today our nanny started to take care of Ds because I go back to work on Friday. He would not take the Playtex bottle, but later took the Tommee Tippee when I went out for a bit.I'm not sure if he actually preferred the TT or if he took it because I left the house (I was home, but in another room when she tried the Playtex bottle the first time.)

Is one better than the other for avoiding bottle preference? Should I just have her continue using the tommee tippee since he took it ok or should I have her try the Playtex again? Or should we try the Dr. Brown's?

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with any of them?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I got everything TT when I was pregnant. I did research on them and everything I found gave good reviews. However, whenever my DD was using them, she would projectile vomit shortly after eating because even the 0m+ nipples were not small enough and it was coming out too fast. They are all like that, they're bigger than what they should be.

coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Oh, and I prefer the playex drop ins. No gas. Good nipples

maggiemom2000
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

The Playtex drop ins with the NaturaLatch nipple (slow flow) is better because the flow is a lot slower than the Tommiee Tipee. The TT has a pretty fast dflow, even with the slowest flow nipple. Mos babies who develop a preference for the bottle have a flow preference (they want the fast easy flow of the bottle!)

maggiemom2000
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Also, the Dr Browns are also better as they are slower flow than the TT (pretty close to the Playtex)

cp428
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
We were really happy with using the drop ins for my daughter, and I have a ton of those bottles (as compared to only one each of the other two.) I'm wondering if he took it not because he preferred the tommee tippee, but because I left the house. I'm going to have her try the drop ins again tomorrow.

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Oh, and I prefer the playex drop ins. No gas. Good nipples

cp428
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I thought that I the flow of the playtex was supposed to be better, but I wasn't sure.

On a side note - I work from home, so while I'll be out of sight, I'll still be in the house when the nanny feeds him. I'm hoping that won't cause us issues. I plan to nurse him instead of pumping whenever I can, but if I'm tied up on a conference call or something when he needs to eat, then she is going to have to give him a bottle.
Mom2jngnc
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I used playtex bottles pre-drop in with my oldest; and post drop in with ds #2 (used regular liners as I was not a fan of the drop ins).

Ds #3 would take nothing, but I finally got him to take an avent nipple. 

Ds #4 used avent as well. 

So it might depend on the baby, however, they get hungry enough and they will eat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)