• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it stupid I feel horrible giving a bottle?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

Even if it has breast milk in it? I feel so stupid for feeling bad about that...but I just do. My 3 month old DD LOVES to nurse and she will fight the bottle tooth and nail. It's inconvinient for me because I can never be gone longer than 3 hours at a time, but I just hate giving her a bottle. Is this stupid of me?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Nah. And she'll get better about taking it. Although if you're giving it the battle will probably go on; someone else needs to do it when you're not about.

MommyO2-6631
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM
The first time i gave aiden cows milk i felt replaced :(
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Oh I don't give it to her, I couldn't lol I just put her to the breast when I'm home. But I've seen them try to give her a bottle and she just won't have it.

Quoting gdiamante:

Nah. And she'll get better about taking it. Although if you're giving it the battle will probably go on; someone else needs to do it when you're not about.

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I hated giving bottles, never did unless i was gone for a while, and I always came.home with barely sips being taken from what I pumped.
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Yeah 9/10 I don't give bottles. I pump and freeze just incase but it just sits in there lol

Quoting Precious333:

I hated giving bottles, never did unless i was gone for a while, and I always came.home with barely sips being taken from what I pumped.

JustFox
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM
If she gets hungery she will eat. I had to go back to work after 5 weeks. We introduced the bottle at 4 once a night. I'm still breastfeeding with no supplements at almost 9 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

She won't starve herself. Don't worry about it. Seriously. Give it zero additional thought.

You can also give a cup. She's been old enough for it since, oh, birth. **grin**

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Oh I don't give it to her, I couldn't lol I just put her to the breast when I'm home. But I've seen them try to give her a bottle and she just won't have it.

Quoting gdiamante:

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Save them teething, you can give them.as popcycles.

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Yeah 9/10 I don't give bottles. I pump and freeze just incase but it just sits in there lol

Quoting Precious333:

celestegood
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
If you are there at all,she probably wont take the bottle. And they can smell you. If you are in the house at all, she will refuse the bottle.
Its not a big deal if she wont take the bottle. She'll make up for it when she's with you :)

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coffeemom37043
by Dare on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a great idea!! Thanks!!

Quoting Precious333:

Save them teething, you can give them.as popcycles.

Quoting coffeemom37043:

Quoting Precious333:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)