• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattoo and Pumping/Breastfeeding

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
Is it safe to get a tattoo while pumping or breastfeeding? What are your opinions on it?
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
It depends on the cleanliness of the facility and the content of the ink. That bring said, I've known several nursing mothers with various amounts of ink.
carranzasfaith
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Mobile Photo

I just got this done about a month ago and my lo was almost 5 months. I got my some name (above this one) right after he was born and nursing as well. I personal have not heard its bad but I could be wrong. :)
BroCosMom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM
If you
Trust your tattoo artist with your child's life it's ok ;-) my shop is super clean ranked in or state and the guys are awesome been going there 8 years and I get work done while bf all the time working on a half sleeve right now actually? The shop is super super super clean and I'd leave my kids with my tattoo artist he's a good friend I've known him longer then my husband lol
gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Everything that was on the table BEFORE you got pregnant went back on the table the instant the cord was cut. Nothing off limits. NOTHING. Just normal precautions. You wouldn't go to an unclean shop in the first place, right?

Keep in mind, however, that postpartum weight loss tends to change the canvas. I've seen tattoos turn pretty ugly and illegible because of weight changes.

my808escape
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I've wondered this, too! I'm going to bf until my daughter is at least 1yo and I'm dying to get another tattoo.

SadieJames
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM

As everyone else said, completely safe - however our shop won't tattoo a mom who admits to nursing as a liability precaution.  Their insurance won't let them. 

cmj33
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I'm not nursing I pump but that counts. I'm getting it on my left shoulder so it wont matter if I lose weight or anything. I was just wondering because my son is only 7 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)