Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Milk sensitive babies & siblings

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
If you have/had a milk sensitive baby, were your other kids milk sensitive too?

DS, 2 years, 2 months had big reactions to milk & other foods as an infant....& still now.....in fact, he just got allergy tested & is allergic to cows milk & 18 other foods (yikes!)

He's still nursing but I'm due with baby #2 in a few weeks & I'm wondering if baby brother will have similar issues (I'm already on a limited diet for DS so it's not that big of a deal but still)
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I personally dont. My friend's children, all breastfed, all had allergies to.foods and she was always eliminating foods from her diet because of it, on the other hand i have had friends, and even my sister, have one kid with allergies/sensitivities and no issues with the others.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I have one with a severee dairy allergy and possible others (we test in November) and my ydd is sensitive to both dairy and soy, with oral reactions to some spices.

my808escape
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Cow's milk and 18 other foods?! Seems like you have a long road ahead of yourself.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:10 AM
My first did not have a sensitivity but my second did. They also have different dads though and my MIL says DH had a "sensitive stomach" and she had to feed him rice or yogurt before nursing so he wouldn't spit up everywhere *eye roll* but I'm guessing that was a little sensitivity to milk. She said when she switched him to formula (because after he had a tooth he would obviously bite her nipple off) that he had to be on soy because the regular hurt his tummy. So I'm guessing it was from DH's side of the family and I'm already going to plan on the next baby being sensitive too.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Yes, but the allergy was not as bad and was outgrown sooner.  Egg allergy was worse, but still outgrown sooner.  

jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM
My first had a sensitivity to something I was eating. I was only drinking water and getting really sick myself. We never found out what it was, so I only made it 6 weeks of nursing with her.

My second has a dairy sensitivity. I only nursed him for 2 1/2 weeks. He's 20 months and still extremely sensitive to dairy.

My third is fine. He's 13 weeks and is still EBF. He gets pukey if I eat tacos or Subway subs. I don't know why, but I can eat all dairy and he has no problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Axcntu8dapositv
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Have you talked to your pediatrition about putting him on neocate? Insurance will pay for it. My son has an inherited allergy to cow's milk and soy, he was on Neocate for 18 months. He can drink Almond milk with no breakouts.  Talk to you ped. about it.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

She breastfeeds, so no need for neocate.

Quoting Axcntu8dapositv:

Have you talked to your pediatrition about putting him on neocate? Insurance will pay for it. My son has an inherited allergy to cow's milk and soy, he was on Neocate for 18 months. He can drink Almond milk with no breakouts.  Talk to you ped. about it.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM
My son was dairy sensitive, but I put it down to the fact that my OB told me to drink 1-1 1/2 quarts of milk per day so I did. With my daughter, I was careful not to overdo dairy during the pregnancy, and she had no problem.
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My kids are all allergic to dairy and soy(as am I and my husband). My oldest is the worst but it's bad for all of them. They are also allergic to several other food and my youngest is allergic to all sorts of things! Allergies suck! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN