Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Question - TMI - OT

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 21 Replies

So -

For those of you willing to share - how often do you do it and do you like it?

Why so rare?

DH has a coworker who can expect to get it about 12 times in a year - that's once a month?!?!? That's just not enough for dh or I to function properly...

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sprtam
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM
My lo stopped sleeping through the night at about 4 months when he became more active, he wants to nurse all night long. So we started cosleeping.... for the last 4 months. Trying to figure out how when and where is so difficult it doesn't happen often at all and I really want to.
eatyourveges
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Well it depends. When all goes our way 3-4 times a week. When kids are teething then maybe once a week. We aim for at least twice a week though.
Dibsy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM
We do it 5 times or more a week. I love it. There are nights I'm not really in the mood and think ugh, I hope he doesn't want any tonight, but if he does he's pretty good about getting me in the mood! I can't imagine not having a good sex life, the few months after giving birth to my son where the recommend not having sex was rough and we wound up having sex anyway.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I'm not a night person. But the mornings that he doesn't work we will fool around after I work out provided dd is still asleep. Otherwise if he's off on the weekend well do it during nap time. But on average it's once or twice a week
veganistic
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:42 PM

It hasn't happened since ds was born :/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM
My son is 12 1/2 weeks and we've done it twice since the month before he was born... So 2 times in 4 months. I have no desire, it's as dry as the Sahara Desert down there, condoms irritate me, and I'm not on birth control. I am done having babies and my hubby doesn't want to get fixed until September. So until he's shooting blanks, hanky panky is pretty much non existent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM
We only DTD 2 times my entire pregnancy, up until the last week or so (trying to start labor) and haven't since the day I went into labor. So none in the last 2 months. It's on hold until my period comes back.

Normally it's maaaaybe twice a week normally. At this point, it's probably 10 times total since last July (LMP before pregnancy Aug 8).
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't get my first post-partum period until my dd was 26 months old. I have a weak sex drive but even I couldn't have held out that long. ;-)

Quoting smorgan865:

We only DTD 2 times my entire pregnancy, up until the last week or so (trying to start labor) and haven't since the day I went into labor. So none in the last 2 months. It's on hold until my period comes back.

Normally it's maaaaybe twice a week normally. At this point, it's probably 10 times total since last July (LMP before pregnancy Aug 8).

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM

LOL. I could go the rest of my life without it. Honestly, I get zero desire. Now that we're finished having kids I see absolutely no rason to do it! I'm sure DH will be itching for some sooner than I wish. 

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I didn't get my first post-partum period until my dd was 26 months old. I have a weak sex drive but even I couldn't have held out that long. ;-)

Quoting smorgan865:

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya, sister. If it weren't for the occasional glass of beer or wine, it wouldn't ever be happening. ;-)

Quoting smorgan865:

LOL. I could go the rest of my life without it. Honestly, I get zero desire. Now that we're finished having kids I see absolutely no rason to do it! I'm sure DH will be itching for some sooner than I wish. 

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting smorgan865:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN