Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Happy NIP experience

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 22 Replies
8 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Yesterday I took my 11 month old shopping at ToysRus. My mom went with us. Half way through dd needed to nurse. So my mom pulled my cart and I walked around nursing dd.

Well, dd is heavy, she weighs 23lbs. After about 10 minutes I told my mom I was going to sit down. So I sat at the end of one aisle and my mom kept walking around with our 2 carts.

This lady walked over by me and dd and smiled and said "this is so nice to see. You don't see this in public very often. Good for you!" It made me smile.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

YAY! I LOVE hearing good positive stories, not just that nothing bad happened but that something GOOD happend! Ds is almost 6 months and just so heavy, not sure how much longer we can walk and nurse either. :(

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I got my mei tai when my son was 6 months and 20+ pounds. It made nursing while shopping and doing other things so much easier.

Quoting Momma2013:

YAY! I LOVE hearing good positive stories, not just that nothing bad happened but that something GOOD happend! Ds is almost 6 months and just so heavy, not sure how much longer we can walk and nurse either. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachellaree20
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM

That's so awesome!  I still haven't gotten up the courage to nurse in public and my dd is 2 months old :(

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this
It is great to share positive stories here because we get so many negative ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM
It took me a few months to get up the courage to nip with my first. Dd is my 3rd so now it's no big deal. You'll get there!

Quoting rachellaree20:

That's so awesome!  I still haven't gotten up the courage to nurse in public and my dd is 2 months old :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a nice waitress give me a high five for nip.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I cannot nurse standing or walking! My boobs are too big & my nipple falls right out of DD's mouth---impossible to stay latched! I have to sit no matter what!

I'm glad you had a positive experience!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I've been there. Try somewhere low-key to start...like the park or library.

Quoting rachellaree20:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Thanks! I'm a 38H it took some practice but I mad it work. It's easier now that she's older

Quoting lillybug222:

I cannot nurse standing or walking! My boobs are too big & my nipple falls right out of DD's mouth---impossible to stay latched! I have to sit no matter what!

I'm glad you had a positive experience!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)