Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

no means no [rant]

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 52 Replies

aaahhhggg Im so sick of people trying to get me drunk and giving me sh*t for still bfing.

my husbands boss holds bbqs all yhe time and her assistant andher are always drinking and theyre always shoving hella boozy drinks at me and down right bullying me into drinking (and i dont cave) and say theyre going o get me drunk. DH and I both explain  Im breastfeeding and therefore cant and will not be getting drunk. Then they proceed to tell me rudely to give him a bottle or say "so?" and are like "youre still doing that?" cause hes 10 months and still not even on slid foods (were having a hard time with solids). Its so annoying.

And theyre having another bbq tonight and one of the residents invited was telling my husband "Im going to get your wife so hammered" and he explained why she cant and she told him to "put a bottle in his f*cking mouth" and he explained why we arent doing that and she was still persistant saying she was going to sneak me drinks and force me to get drunk.

Its really pissing me off. what part of no dont people understand?? I thought when I started bfing my issues would come from not covering up..not this!

I just want to slap people sometimes!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
baby wearing, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, breastfeeding first time mamma
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thriftymom35
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM
That is major bull......you shouldn't have to put up with that......I'm so sorry......and since it's hubs boss not sure how you could tactfully handle that........if it were just friends I'd kindly tell them to go scratch.....
rachellaree20
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, they sound so rude.  I personally just wouldn't go but I understand that since it's your husband's boss that may not be an option.  Good for you for sticking your ground and not getting "hammered."  IMO drinking to get wasted is pretty stupid anyway, feeding your child is much more important and it's your choice to give him a bottle or not.  Why do they want you to drink so badly?  How does you being sober affect them in any way?  Ugh, some people are annoying.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:06 PM
5 moms liked this
I would not attend parties with such foul-minded and foul-mouthed people. It can't be much fun for you or your husband. Have a private, candle-lit barbeque for the three of you!
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

wow thats horrible, i wouldnt ever go!

mamabens
by Miranda on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

easy way to fix that problem is to stop going around them. I'll be damned if I'd put myself through the stress of being around people  who are so freaking rude!!

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Quoting thriftymom35:

That is major bull......you shouldn't have to put up with that......I'm so sorry......and since it's hubs boss not sure how you could tactfully handle that........if it were just friends I'd kindly tell them to go scratch.....
oh yeah if they werent my husbands superiors I would totally give them a real piece of my mind! I hate having to hold my tongue lol.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
baby wearing, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, breastfeeding first time mamma
MamaDee83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I hate that. My DD is 20 months old and I'm still nursing, so I do get the looks/comments sometimes. Whatever, she's not going to do it forever, I'm not worried about it. Also, I didn't really give solids consistently to my DD until she was almost a year old... you aren't doing anything wrong! I hate when other people judge things they have no idea about.

Dibsy
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

I would not attend parties with such foul-minded and foul-mouthed people. It can't be much fun for you or your husband. Have a private, candle-lit barbeque for the three of you!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

UMMM wow really that is really strange, I mean really strange

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
That's weird. Why would they want to be "hammered" around work associates? This place doesn't sound very professional. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)