Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Bottles

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
When I was pregnant, we bought 6 Tommee Tippee bottles BOGO at BRU. DD is 3.5 months & has only been offered a bottle once when I had to go into work for 3 hours. It didn't go so well. She didn't fuss--she just couldn't do it!

I go back to work in two weeks :(

I read a post on here the other day that said the bottles that I have flow too fast. Is this accurate?

Are there certain nipples that are tried & true & a super slow flow? I'm not a fan of the drop in's....too much money.

Also, I have OAL, so does nipple flow matter as much?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Some moms do find the flow too fast, and OAL or not really isn't a factor here. 

There really are none that are tried and true, because it's very individual. There are babies who do very well with that one. And then there are babies who don't.

Bottle and nipple choice is strictly up to the baby, which is why we tell moms buy ONE bottle, test it, then try another candidate.

Mine did well with NUK, but there are issues and complaints about that one. You will not find a single bottle without issues, so you do the best you can.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM
My middle daughter liked the NUK bottles.

I may return the TT bottles & get a couple different ones of various kinds & go from there.

Quoting gdiamante:

Some moms do find the flow too fast, and OAL or not really isn't a factor here. 

There really are none that are tried and true, because it's very individual. There are babies who do very well with that one. And then there are babies who don't.

Bottle and nipple choice is strictly up to the baby, which is why we tell moms buy ONE bottle, test it, then try another candidate.

Mine did well with NUK, but there are issues and complaints about that one. You will not find a single bottle without issues, so you do the best you can.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM
My little guy is 3 months old and we've tried a bunch of different bottles. He hates them all!! He screams like someone is killing him when my hubby or anyone else tries to give him the bottle. I'm stressing out because I have to go back to work in 6 weeks and I don't want him screaming the whole 5 hours that I'm gone! I'm going today to buy a Breastflow bottle. I hope it works! All of the reviews sound great. Man, I hope so!!
Good luck and if you find a bottle that works for you, let me know!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Caroline didn't scream last time, but I was only gone 3 hours. I teach. I'll nurse her around 7, and then I won't be home until 4. I'm going to have a syringe on hand for DH just in case she completely refuses the bottle!

I have to do two home visits next week. During one I'll have an evaluation, so I'll be gone about 3 hours. We'll see how she does....

Quoting jeniprice:

My little guy is 3 months old and we've tried a bunch of different bottles. He hates them all!! He screams like someone is killing him when my hubby or anyone else tries to give him the bottle. I'm stressing out because I have to go back to work in 6 weeks and I don't want him screaming the whole 5 hours that I'm gone! I'm going today to buy a Breastflow bottle. I hope it works! All of the reviews sound great. Man, I hope so!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
He latched on to the Breastflow bottle immediately!! We're going to try again tomorrow to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Quoting lillybug222:

Caroline didn't scream last time, but I was only gone 3 hours. I teach. I'll nurse her around 7, and then I won't be home until 4. I'm going to have a syringe on hand for DH just in case she completely refuses the bottle!

I have to do two home visits next week. During one I'll have an evaluation, so I'll be gone about 3 hours. We'll see how she does....

Quoting jeniprice:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaslilbear10
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quoting jeniprice:

Yay I wanna try that one...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN