Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Curious...

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 11 Replies
How many times a day does your 12+ month old nurse? My LO just turned a year and still nurses about 5 times a day on average. My first nursling didn't nurse this long, so I am just curious to hear other mom's experiences.
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM
My 1 year olds usually nursed 7-9 times a day and once a night.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Normal, and will fill in any gaps in picky toddler eating. You get to call the shots and set limits. Kellymom.com should have an article about nursing older babies/toddlers that will help.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Really, ALL frequencies are normal, from every hour to once a day. And it's also normal for it to change from one day to the next.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM
When she was nursing (she's on strike), it was 8-10 times per day.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I nursed on demand and never counted how many times a day or how often. My second nursed more because he was higher needs and comfort nursed constantly. His brother was attached to the pacifier so he didn't comfort nurse as much.

gossett06
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:40 PM
My dd is 13 months old and I still NOD so prob about once every few hours I'm a SAHM so I can get away with it LOL
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
My 17 month old nurses every two hours during the day, before and after nap time, before bed and from whenever he wakes up in the middle of the night until morning (not constant nursing at that point, but he goes on and off the boob for 5-6 hours)
At 12 months I was probably nursing about the same as now, except that was when I started intentionally not nursing him close to meal times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazy4u49033
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Wow! Glad to see that my kiddo is so normal! I thought he was nursing a lot for this age, but I guess not. Good to know :)
kona211
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM
My dd is 19 months and nurses on and off all day if I'm home with her (I work ft), this includes nursing to sleep and when she wakes for all naps and when she goes to bed at night. The main difference now is that I think a lot of it may be more for comfort than food, but she doesn't always eat a lot of solids still, so I'm happy she has momma milk to supplement her nutrition. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I would guess my thirteen month old nurse 10+ times a day. Usually in the morning he nurses, eats breakfast, nurses, plays for five minutes and nurses... pretty much until lunch time lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN