Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

15 month old still wants to nurse every hour?!

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

Im lost on what I should be doing. My Child wants to nurse all the time. it  could be from 10 from last to an hour. It's driving me nuts. Trying my best to keep cool and give my baby what she wants, but its to the point i no longer want to breastfeed anymore. Any advice on why she is acting this way or what I should do?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM
My ds went through a phase of this at about the same age. It was beyond frustrating. But there were mo lars coming in and changes in routines and afyer a few weeks he settled down. I did start doing my best to distract him with a cup when I needed a break. Or I would nura e for a minute and use the time to engage him in a tickle fight instead which would distract him. He was wantong to nurse theough boredom a lot so if I found an activity to get him really into it would help. Hugs. I know its rough. I made it through and at 2 and 3 mos he still nurses but its only once or twice through the day and we just started night weening. Gl!
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM
What she said! You can set limits-+"we will nurse until..". Go for walks, pick up toys as a game, put clothes in a basket.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM

All normal stuff. They will change up their frequency. If it's not a convenient time for you, then you can distract and delay.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Yep! Setting limits usually helps moms through this phase. (((HUGS)))

Quoting MusherMaggie:

What she said! You can set limits-+"we will nurse until..". Go for walks, pick up toys as a game, put clothes in a basket.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN