Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

weight again.. i worry too much

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 15 Replies
I guess I worry too much. Sorry if I get annoying to some of you mommas who have seen my previous posts. Well May 29 at DDs 6 month check she was 14.1lb. I don't know if my scale is different from the ped scale, but I weighed dd today (she is 8 months) and she was 15 lbs. She hasn't broke any teeth yet, and she doesn't crawl on hands and knees. She army crawls, but has been trying to learn to pull herself up and stand holding onto me, and she sits unsupported well (occasionally falls over from unbalance but not often). Should I be worried? I would talk to my ped but she tried to get me to force formula on dd at the May appt
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortyali
by Alicia on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Sounds fine. My 8 month old only just broke teeth and only just started to roll over.
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Mine never crawled. Always did the "comando" crawl, army style. He also never weighed 20 pounds until he finally reached 2 yrs of age. Yours sounds plenty heavy at 6 months. Don't worry. In terms of the formula, I refused to go back to a couple of the doctors who did that to me. One told me that there was no nutritional value after one year. When I made my next appointment, I told the receptionist I did not want to see so-n-so again. I flat-out said that I wanted to see someone who supported breastfeeding. (It was a pretty big group, so there were plenty of choices.) I have a lot of stories about that place...

bebe_ju-rah
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM
My dd didn't break teeth until 9 months and never crawled and is perfectly healthy And happy at 6 years old now :)
MissMelanieC
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

All sounds normal to me. My DS turned 8 months today and he sits, scoots and pulls himself up to stand. He has yet to officially crawl instead he scoots.

sweetieiv
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I think that sounds normal. My 3y old never really crawled he just sat on his butt and dragged himself. Unless he wanted to get somewhere fast lol. Oh and he actually didn't have teeth til after his first birthday! Didn't stop him from getting a little piece of cake though.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Your scale will be different.  No more using it.  All sounds good.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Remember diaper count!
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Your scale is different and most likely less accurate. You can continue to use it if you only compare those weights to each other. That's what I do since we don't go to the pediatrician very frequently. I weigh them once a month at home and compare it to the month before.
She's meeting milestones and progressing well. Keep in mind that most milestones cause baby to nurse more frequently, especially crawling and trying to stand. Once they become mobile they start burning a lot more calories every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhruckel
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Sounds great. Don't worry momma, my 10 month old is less then 15 pounds. As long as they are having enough wet diapers and gaining steadily I wouldn't worry. Just trust your body and your baby!
mhruckel
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
And also, my oldest son didn't get any teeth until he was a year old. I've always heard the longer their teeth take to break through, the healthier they are. I believe it because mine is 3 1/2 and his teeth are perfect...no cavities yet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)