Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Did you do BLW?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you do BLW?

Options:

Yes

No

My baby isn't eating solids yet

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 36

View Results

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM
My baby will be 7months on the 11th and hasn't started solids yet.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I didn't with my oldest because she was ff and I thought she needed more purees, but ds I'm doing it with. He's about 1 1/2 and although he eats at least four times a day, he nurses 3x that amount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twogirl91
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM

With my first I didn't. I thought you were supposed to give babies solids at 6months, so that's what I did. My second child however I did BLW and he didn't really even want solids until he was a year old, once he hit 13 months he went crazy about food and wanted 3 meals a day. 

username123
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I am and dd is five months and only gets boob.
coreynlala
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I had planned to but I didn't do it right lol. She started latching every 45-1hr and that lasted way too long to just be a growth spurt, and she would insist on grabbing at everything we were eating so at 7 mo we did give her food. She still BF all day. But She also eats. I do feed her purees because Wic gives them to me and it helps our family out so much. But even though I use the spoon (to avoid the mess) I do allow her to control how much she will eat. If she starts to loose inerest I just clean her up and let her go play. She doesn't just eat baby food though, she eats KIX, cherrios, chex, the fruit cups with the 100% juice, watermelon chunks, whole sweet pees, corn, all that sort of stuff too. I don't know if I'm doing it the way I'm really supposed to for sure to be able to say that I did BLS but I'm trying. LOL

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Autumn is 6 months and no solids yet. She opens her mouth when she sees us eat but i don't give her any. I will start soon but not in a rush.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I stumbled upon BLW with my third when she refused baby purees and would only self-feed, at around 7-8 months. By my fourth, I'd heard of "BLW" and consciously set out to feed that way. It was quite freeing, not feeling like I "needed" to strap a baby in a high chair and force spoonfuls of mush into their mouth for half hour, 4 times a day. I just nursed and had the baby join us at dinner, eating what we were eating.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Yes and I always will! :-)

Mamabear010
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Nope, not with DS and i regret being so ignorant about it. He HATED being spoon fed. It was always a battle and always stressful. With #2 due in Oct, she will be BLW. I'm looking forward to just putting some bite sized foods on her plate and letting her have at it!

Koux
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Yes, and we loved it, and we're never going back! We now have a healthy happy 1 year old who will eat just about anything we put in front of her! We have yet to find a new food she won't try. At this age, my son (we didn't know about BLW with him and did mostly homemade purées) was pretty much living off yogurt, bananas, and crackers. Our BLW'er is a much more adventurous eater, with a much better diet this time around! Yay BLW!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)