Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Alexander is perfect!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
So my newest 4 day old nurser is doing great! This is my 4th but my first time not having an oversupply. I typically have oversupply and OAL but this time engorgement wasn't as bad.

Alexander isn't able to fully empty my breast but I never get so rock hard that he can't latch. Is this a sign ill make too little? Or should we be ok?
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Little man his am :)
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Every time I had a new baby, the engorgement was much less and my supply regulated faster. As long as he is pooping and peeing, he is doing great.

A four day old should have 4 wet diapers and at least 2 quarter sized poops. After day six, it should be 6 wet diapers per day with 2 quarter sized poops.

Congratulations. What a cutie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeandglory53
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Your body already knows about how much to produce, so therefore engorgement won't be so bad. I don't remember being very engorged when my 4th was born, but because there were 6 years between her and my 5th....engorgement was HORRIBLE LOL.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM
My engorgement increased with each baby, BUT with my third and fourth I was block feeding right out if the gate. I'm sure your milk supply will be perfectly sufficient. But I sure can understand, after having massive oversupply, that being more "normal" makes you wonder if it's enough. Congrats on the newbie!!!!
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Yes, having "normal" supply is different. He poops like a champ though. We get the required pee but man can this kid poo.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

My engorgement increased with each baby, BUT with my third and fourth I was block feeding right out if the gate. I'm sure your milk supply will be perfectly sufficient. But I sure can understand, after having massive oversupply, that being more "normal" makes you wonder if it's enough. Congrats on the newbie!!!!
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you are doing great!! I have a 2 day old myself!

SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I saw :) we're in the same due date group :) you had a home birth yes?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Sounds like you are doing great!! I have a 2 day old myself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN