Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

cancer

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have some cousins who just found ouf their five year old son has WILMS tumor (kidney cancer). He will need chemo and possibly radiation along with having his kidney and or tumor removed once the chemo shrinks it. I've seen several articles that say how good breast milk is for cancer patients. I know it is not a cure-all, but I do have a small freezer stash and I'm able to pump good amounts at a time (i've just had no reason to keep a stash since LO prefers it from the tap). I would love to help them in any way possible so I would like to know :
1. How would I even go about bringing this up without sounding like a total wierd-o?
2. Any good literature on the subject? Maybe yall can send me a few links? I'd like to be a little bit more informed if/when I do bring it up

TIA!
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be an amazing offer.  I would just forward one of those articles along with a brief note saying, "Read up and let me know if you're interested.  I would love to do anything I can to make "his name" feel betterduring this rough time!! 

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I have access to pubmed at work.  i'll try to remind myself to research on my break tomorrow and see if I can find good studies for you!

zasemom
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
thank you much!

Quoting audmom1218:

I have access to pubmed at work.  i'll try to remind myself to research on my break tomorrow and see if I can find good studies for you!

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.naturalnews.com/039656_breast_milk_cancer_cells_breastfeeding.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100419132403.htm
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)