Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

is it normal?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son will turn one year this weekend. He is starting to eat solids. He doesnt eat. He chews the food and spits it back out. Is annoying because i cant feed him. He has been doing this for a whole month. Is this normal?
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Are you feeding him or is he feeding himself? 

DD had very little interest in actually eating food until closer to 14 months.  She would play with food on her tray and occasionally things would get into her mouth and get swallowed lol, but we didnt' even offer one meal daily until 11 mo, and she didnt get much in her mouth until about 13 mo.  I'd say normal. Throw some food on his plate, talk to him and your SO and enjoy your meal!  The more you stress over mealtime the more of a fight it will be! 

(That being said the one thing I DO stress at mealtime is manners.  Meaning no yelling, no banging on the talbe and no throwing food to the dog! Lol.)

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Yes. DS used to do that all the time. He would chew food then throw it on the floor.

I taught him to put the food in a napkin - now he only does it when he has too much food in his mouth.
betsy9023
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM

He likes to feed himself. But like you said he just plays with it and somehow he some in his mouth.

Quoting audmom1218:

Are you feeding him or is he feeding himself? 

DD had very little interest in actually eating food until closer to 14 months.  She would play with food on her tray and occasionally things would get into her mouth and get swallowed lol, but we didnt' even offer one meal daily until 11 mo, and she didnt get much in her mouth until about 13 mo.  I'd say normal. Throw some food on his plate, talk to him and your SO and enjoy your meal!  The more you stress over mealtime the more of a fight it will be! 

(That being said the one thing I DO stress at mealtime is manners.  Meaning no yelling, no banging on the talbe and no throwing food to the dog! Lol.)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Yeah its normal he is exploring texture...he should eventually start eatting some if he doesnt in the next month or so then ask a doctor
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)