Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I need the ALL NIGHT night nursing to stop. how?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:56 AM
  • 19 Replies

She will be 8 mos this week, and has recently decided she cannot sleep in her crib it is made of fire? we moved recently and with the disassemble and reassemble of her crib she had to sleep two nights with us now we fight to get her in her crib. wasn't so bad til now she wants to comfort nurse all night and I just can't do it I can't sleep for fear of rolling over on her etc. not to mention if I move she wakes and cries, going on a week, hubby now out of town and no sleep. she is not my only child so I can't sleep when she sleeps. and she will cry for 40 min in the crib by then we give in, I'm not one to let them cry it out but I am at a loss. Help

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tea4Tas
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I am no help. I was the all night buffet. But I learned to drowse thru it.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Sidecar the crib to your bed, so you can nurse and slide her back over. Unless you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, co-sleeping is safe. She is probably still unsettled from the move. You can also offer to nurse more during the day, up till bedtime. Babies up to their first birthday should be nursed on demand, even at night. She will probably settle into a pattern of waking less at night in a couple of weeks.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM
This. My ds was nursing 12 times a night from 5 months to 10 month, and we didn't cosleep. I started offering to nurse more often during thday, every hour or so, and he was able to sleep longer. He had gotten so interested in the world that he wasn't taking in enough milk during the day because he cut every feeding short to go play so he was having to make up for it at night.... but being tired, he fell asleep mid-feed and had to a ton of sessions. I was so thrilled when I figured that one out and we could go 3 hrs in between feedings at night again. It could be that with all of thr moving craziness she just isn't nursing quite as much and is hungry at night.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Sidecar the crib to your bed, so you can nurse and slide her back over. Unless you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, co-sleeping is safe. She is probably still unsettled from the move. You can also offer to nurse more during the day, up till bedtime. Babies up to their first birthday should be nursed on demand, even at night. She will probably settle into a pattern of waking less at night in a couple of weeks.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Yep. Sidecar the crib. The move itself has much more to do with this than your having let her sleep with you; you moved and she'd be doing this regardless. They have a harder time wioth these changes than we do.

Zazayam
by Nicki on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Same here, good luck :)

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I am no help. I was the all night buffet. But I learned to drowse thru it.

Maybe she's just not used to the new house and room and everything...

Sunflower_rn
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM

she eats all  day too and eats 2 pouches of baby food. once or twice during the night makes since. she is basically using me As a pacifier :/ sidecar may be an option will have hubby look at it when he gets back in town

mrs.hartman12
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM
NO help here my 15 month old still does, and she eats during the day and to top it off I am 20 weeks pregnant.
wolfybaby
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM

i started sleeping through it when my daughter was around 1. we still cosleep [she is 2], and i  have adapted well.

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I hope one of the suggestions the other ladies have works for you. I really lucked out with a sleeping throught he nighter.

username123
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I nurse my 5 month old 36625633 times during the day and do not let her nap too much. Sometimes, I get to sleep five entire hours without interruption.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN