• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The "visitor" and supply

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 6 Replies
I got my period for the first time at a little less than 6 weeks pp. I wasn't expecting this because with my first it didn't start until almost 10 months. I was reading last night that it could effect my milk supply. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this, what your exoerience was? Also what can I do to keep my supply?

Thanks in advance
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
The best thing you can do is continue to nurse on demand. Some women see a temporary dip in supply but as long as you don't supplement, it will just be temporary. The 6 week growth spurt is about to hit and your LO is going to make you believe he or she's starving, but remember that 6 total dipes per day means baby is getting enough milk
MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I never got mine back until 15 months pp after DD.
I never noticed any supply issues.
Almost 7 months PP with DS and nothing!
AF can stay away! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I got mine back irregularly from six months pp to thirteen months pp when I got pregnant. I never had an issue with supply because of it, although it was extremely irregular.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ittyprincess604
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Oh I wish she would :(

Quoting MIA0223:

I never got mine back until 15 months pp after DD.

I never noticed any supply issues.

Almost 7 months PP with DS and nothing!

AF can stay away! Lol.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It can temporarily lower supply but NOT enough that you need to supplement. It will just mean baby needs to nurse a bit extra no big deal.
twogirl91
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I got mine back 5 weeks PP with both boys and my milk has always been fine. I do notice my boobs feel flatter while on my period and a lot fuller right after. My breast also get tender right before and during my period, but I breastfed my first until a year, only stopped because pregnancy dried up my milk. And my second one is 14months and I'm still going strong and I got my period monthly with both boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)