Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about to lose my dang mind!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 4 Replies
My 11 month old got a high fever Thursday night. I was told there was a fever virus going around and that it lasted 2-3 days. Thursday she was up all night, Friday all she did was nurse and crab. Mostly nurse. Friday night she was up all night again. Saturday was the same as Friday. Plus, she threw up on me twice. Saturday night she started with a cough, but her fever was almost gone. Saturday night no sleep again. This time she was coughing to the point of gagging and throwing up on me. Sunday , no fever, slight cough. Took the kids to a near by park so my older 2 could run around.

Sunday night, bad cough. Up again all night long. Monday cough sounds like a bark. So we take her to the doctor. She has croup. Her throat is so red and nasty looking that the pedi does a strep test. It's negative. No meds. We were told to watch her and if her breathing gets bad to stand with her by an open freezer so she can breath in the cold air.
Monday night, no sleep. Tuesday. The worst day. She threw up on me twice, had a slight fever, barking cough. Just miserable. Tuesday night no sleep.
Today, she's super crabby, still breathing heavy. Not coughing as much. That could be bc my dh turned our air up so its cool inside. She starts coughing as soon as we step outside.
All I've done is sit and nurse her since Thursday. She's only happy if she's "plugged in". My older 2 kids are being ABSOLUTELY HORRID! I know it's bc they need me to do something with them but the sick baby has prevented that from happening.
I haven't slept more than 45 minutes at a time in 6 days. I'm so glad I can sit and nurse my sick baby. But I'm seriously ready to break down. I'm so tired, my house is a wreck, my baby is crabby, my other 2 are awful and my dh has to go to work :-(

Is it Friday yet???

Sorry so long. I'm just at a loss :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyO2-6631
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:23 PM
My ergo is my life saver. Especially with sick babies. Did the doctor recommend anything for her sore throat?
OBImomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Nope. She just said to nurse her as much as she wanted.

Yeah those are nice! My older 2 loved being in the carrier. This child, hates it! Has since the first time I put her in one :-(

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

My ergo is my life saver. Especially with sick babies. Did the doctor recommend anything for her sore throat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM

HUGS momma, do you have any family or friends that can help out with the older 2 kiddos?  I hope your LO feels better soo

OBImomma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I have my 13yo sister here with me today. That's my only help and she's a big help most the time :-)

Thanks. Me too.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HUGS momma, do you have any family or friends that can help out with the older 2 kiddos?  I hope your LO feels better soo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)