Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will you miss about BFing once you wean?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 12 Replies

Is there anything you will miss? Or anything yu do miss for those of you that have already weaned

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:22 PM
The only thing I can think of is looking at her face sleeping. I'm hoping she will wean soon as I can't eat enough for all three of us. I'm only 5 weeks, so I don't need that much yet.
I also just need a break before the next baby comes.
kbutton24
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

The closeness  AND the ability to escape for a while when we're with the inlaws ;)

Momma2013
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Well - either I'll miss the ease of it or miss it all together.

Ideally, ds will self wean when I'm pregnant with our next and then I'll have to deal with getting into a routine again with a newborn and engorgement(OUCH) or I'll still not be pregnant and just miss my baby.

But screw that crap - ds is only 6 months old! :) I love nursing him! I know he'll only really be a baby for another 6 months and then he'll start walking and being more active so I've, since the beginning, always just nursed as much and often as he wanted, however he wanted! :)

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM
When Dd weaned I just remember feeling how useless they were. Lol.
I missed my boobs having a purpose!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Honestly - it's not so much breastfeeding I miss, as the *age* - by the time they reach toddler hood,i'm pretty "nursed" out and want my body back for a bit. LOL

My toddler is really grabby and while redirecting her works some times, the other half the time, she's grabbing, pinching, and shoving her hands down my shirt. I enjoy nursing kids under like 15 months, after that, it's all for them and i'm ready to quit "whenever" they decide to stop.

My 2.5 year old is still nursing every day at least once. LOL

JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I would miss the comfort he gets from mommy. He is still nursing but is nursing a lot less. If he does nurse, I offer some food or sometimes just water/juice/milk cause sometimes he isn't hungry...just thirsty. :)

whatmynameagain
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I'll miss cuddling this way and the" gymnastics /yoga poses she does on my lap lately while nursing! Lol:)
GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Ds is 2. I'm going to miss the way he nuzzles down into me. Its so sweet. I will also miss the sweet way he plays at getting the boob. He peeks in my shirt like he just discovered there was a boob there for the first time and isn't that just lucky!
Mostly though I'm just ready to be done. I want to be avle to snuggle with my boy instead of having to dig out a boob all the time. I want to be able to sleep at night and I want to stop being in pain and fighting with him because it hurts. I'm always checking his latch and he gets irritated with me because there is nothing wrong with his latch. Sigh, its just time for it to end.
goddiddlyumshis
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM
The snuggles. He's only about 3 months old, so we have a long way to go. My other 2 lived to snuggle, I miss it. My 5yo is like "ewwww cooties" now lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maks1mommy
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I don't think I will miss anything about it. Not that I hate it or anything..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)