• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dd wont let dh hold her

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

I would say this is piog but i posted a similar post to this in another group. its not the same

um dd screams whenever dh is holding her like it just came out of the blue.. he wants me to take her to the dr cuz of her doing this every day so far this week...

any ideas? I am ebf we have been trying the bottle but hes not very ..um.. lets see.. admanant about it.. and gives up cuz its not easy for him.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him it's a phase...she'll outgrow it... and nix the bottle, it's probably what's making her mad

missyice
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
What age is your daughter? Just sounds like she is being clingy for mum. Completely normal! We noticed it more with our first dd. With my youngest dd (almost 8 months) we haven't noticed it anywhere near as much.
kajira
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM

What the PP said.

Babies want their mommy. They out grow that phase *really* fast, and before you know it, she'll be a daddy's girl.

Get rid of bottles. There's other ways for dad to bond. Like bathing, rocking, singing, playing, taking her for walks around the yard and letting her look at stuff, etc.

spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:38 PM

shell be two months here on the seventh

i guess i dont remember dd1 going through this but that was five years ago and her dad ugh.. he didnt spend any time with her at all.

Quoting missyice:

What age is your daughter? Just sounds like she is being clingy for mum. Completely normal! We noticed it more with our first dd. With my youngest dd (almost 8 months) we haven't noticed it anywhere near as much.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Baby's can sense when someone that's holding them is nervous. Have dad get next to her when she's laying down on the floor and have him play with her that way.

I also agree to nix the bottles unless you are going back to work.
3MusketeerMama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:49 PM

My five month old EBF daughter went through that same thing for a few weeks. She wouldn't let him hold her without screaming whether I was in the room or not, even when she was fed, and had a dry diaper. I left the house for 30 minutes while she was sleeping once and came back to her screaming and face all splotchy and he said she woke up five minutes after I left and nothing he did (walking, burping, trying every single toy, etc) helped. She just got over that a few weeks ago thankfully so now he can hold her and she is just fine. I recently went out for the second time with her staying home with daddy and she didn't even whimper. I just made sure she was full of course, although we have backup milk in the freezer just in case. It makes you both feel bad when baby doesn't want to be with anyone but mom but it IS a phase. And EBF babies most often refuse a bottle anyway until they can have milk straight from the tap. How old is she? It probably won't affect her if she's already at an age where she sleeps five hours or more without nursing anyway. Like others have said, unless you NEED to be away from baby to work or something else, there's no reason to introduce a bottle just so daddy can help feed. He can do everything else with her.

GoldenLinds
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hand her over and leave. The obly way she will stop this is when you aren't an option. He has to man up and suffer through it and let her get comfortable with him. Its just a crying baby. He can handle it. Also she won't take a bottle if you are there. Its going to be a long night but its what you have to do. You need to be gone for at least 4 hours.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM

This is pretty common, my newest is only 3 days but he hates daddy right now lol

And refusing the bottles..of course if yu are there she will refuse

gdiamante
by Gina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:47 PM

The doctor will do nothing but take money out of your pocket. No need to go.

Dad is merely a hairy scary beast with a big booming voice who is definitely Not The Momma. Baby has NO idea this isn't someone who will EAT her. But she'll get the idea over time.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM

How old is she? Both my kids were like that for the 1st year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)