Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

higher breastfeeding rates!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 24 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Wohooo! Hopefully it gets to where formula will be used as prescription only!!! That would be great and jump rates.
rozenshyao
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

yeah that would be great, but what about mothers who cannot breastfeed because of certain medical condition she has, like HIV or AIDS? Sure formula could be prescribed, but I still feel like FF and BF are entirely up to the mothers even though breastfeeding is healthier. 

Quoting mama-smurf:

Wohooo! Hopefully it gets to where formula will be used as prescription only!!! That would be great and jump rates.

CafeMom Tickers
goddiddlyumshis
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I'm all about breast feeding, but that's just wrong man.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually studies show that if a mom has HIV/AIDS and is on meds its safer and better for the baby to be EBF and the risk of baby getting HIV/AIDS is higher if baby gets ANY formula, even just one bottle. BUt I agree formula has its place, I dont think prescription formula is whats needed, I do however think honesty in formula risks should be there. The pressure from doctors to FF and the misinformation about BFing needs to stop. I mean this article says the biggest problem for US moms and BFing is going back to work, but really thats not true. Its the darn booby trapping doctors, hospitals and friends and family. Its the myths abuot BFing that sabotage BFing relationships
Quoting rozenshyao:

yeah that would be great, but what about mothers who cannot breastfeed because of certain medical condition she has, like HIV or AIDS? Sure formula could be prescribed, but I still feel like FF and BF are entirely up to the mothers even though breastfeeding is healthier. 

Quoting mama-smurf:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM
That's why i said prescription.

Quoting rozenshyao:

Quoting mama-smurf:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I dont think prescription formula would solve anything, if anythingit would lead to alot of sick and dead babies with moms watering down formual or using all kinds of other crap fed to them.

I do however think education is key, education about formula risks, how to make BFing work, what to expect, doctors educated, myths debunked

Quoting mama-smurf:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Good for u.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting mama-smurf:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Why would they water it down? If they had script they could buy some.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I dont think prescription formula would solve anything, if anythingit would lead to alot of sick and dead babies with moms watering down formual or using all kinds of other crap fed to them.

I do however think education is key, education about formula risks, how to make BFing work, what to expect, doctors educated, myths debunked

Quoting mama-smurf:

goddiddlyumshis
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
No need to be so rude. Get over yourself.
I've never given any of my kids formula, but to go to that extent would be ridiculous.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Good for u.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Whatever. Don't like what i gotta say then don't read my comment. Get over myself? Lmao.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

No need to be so rude. Get over yourself.

I've never given any of my kids formula, but to go to that extent would be ridiculous.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Good for u.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)