Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sore nipples

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
  • 3 Replies
I just had my baby this morning and my nipples are already super sore. The lactation nurses say latch looks fine but then why does it hurt the whole time?? I need some serious advice
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Sore like raw- like it feels like they'be been rubbing up against something or sore as in major pain?

Some soreness is normal, your nipples have to toughen up a little. Ask for some nipple cream. You can also use your hand and squeeze out a little breast milk and then rub it in.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Have baby checked for tongue tie and also recessed chin, my guys latch LOOKS fine but its pretty shallow because he has a recessed chin.  Its gonna be a learning thing for both of us..and this is my 5th child!

3MusketeerMama
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I thought I had tough, desensitized nipples until I started nursing, lol. I went through about two weeks of pain from my first nursling and even had cracked nipples (my dd had a shallower latch because of hyperactive let-down). I felt like my boobs were shooting napalm instead of milk and I would almost start to cry every time my baby girl got hungry. I wanted to BF so badly but it almost made me quit. Even when it hurts like fire, don't let it discourage you. It WILL get better! I had about the worst pain I could imagine with nursing but they healed, and I am so glad I didn't let it get the best of me! Hang in there, mama, and get some lanolin cream to mix in with breastmilk and slather it on there. Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)