Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this how it is supposed to be? BLW question

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM
  • 11 Replies
Abigail will be eleven months on the fourth.
She started solids not quite two months ago. She's never had any pureed food. But this baby can get a slice of Apple and take a bite. She takes bites of chicken. She takes bites of a cracker. She eats like I do.
This may sound stupid but it's like she had taught herself to eat. Lol
She doesn't choke hardly at all. She eats what she wants really. Her favorite thing is salmon!
So is that the gist of baby led solids? They choose their goods in a way and teach themselves? Because that's what happened, hope it's ok!!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup! It's easy breezy!
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Awesome isn't it?? :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! It's so natural. Way to go momma
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM

YEP this is baby led solids to the T...you did awesome!

This means baby will be able to decide what she wants to eat and how much too...teaching healthy habits

WaffleHead
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM
It was so easy!!!!!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

YEP this is baby led solids to the T...you did awesome!

This means baby will be able to decide what she wants to eat and how much too...teaching healthy habits

WaffleHead
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes
People giggle at her when she gets a piece of chicken and takes a bite of it. I think it's awesome

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Awesome isn't it?? :)

audmom1218
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

That's exactly it!! It's so coo, isn't it?!?  They learn to maneuver food in their mouth and swallow without choking.  (Gagging is ok but choking isn't)

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM
My third refused purees and would only eat bits of food she could pick up and bite off and chew. She taught *me* about BLW. When my fourth was born I never even offered purees. Just what we ate. And they seem to be well aware of hunger and full and will take curious nibbles of anything.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Textbook perfect!
WaffleHead
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:20 AM
There are still some days that Abigail will not eat any solids. I go with her cues. Then there are some days that she can be nursing while I am eating and she will sit up and want a bite of my salad. She will eat a bite. Then go back to nursing. She cracks me up :) she may eat every time I eat one day and then go three or four days and not want any solids.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

My third refused purees and would only eat bits of food she could pick up and bite off and chew. She taught *me* about BLW. When my fourth was born I never even offered purees. Just what we ate. And they seem to be well aware of hunger and full and will take curious nibbles of anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)