Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cloth diapers

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 33 Replies
Da has been having issues with diapers.

So I've decided to try cloth and I've finally convinced Dh to agree.

Can you gals point me in the direction to some really cheap dipes?

We are in a tight place for the next week or so.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ELFs_Mommy
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Check the Cuties With Cloth Booties group. They have a FSOT forum for selling/trading used diapers. Or you could go the prefolds and covers option and get a full stash for relatively cheap. My favorite website for buying diapers is www.nickisdiapers.com
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM
well i buy alvas but they take weeks to come so that may not be a good choice lol. They run about $4-$5 a diaper and work better than the $20 Charlie Banana I bought at target.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Can you pass me a link to that group.

I just signed up for a trial where I get to rent different styles of dipes for 3 weeks. I paid $10 and I got 6 different kinds of diapers. At the end of the trial I have the option of buying them, but I probably won't buy them all.

I have 2 FuzziBunz and I will most likely return them. I also have 2 Bum Genius and 2 hybrid dipes.

I think I like the bum genius the best, but I'm not picky about brand names.

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

Check the Cuties With Cloth Booties group. They have a FSOT forum for selling/trading used diapers. Or you could go the prefolds and covers option and get a full stash for relatively cheap. My favorite website for buying diapers is www.nickisdiapers.com

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Have you tried sunbaby? I can buy 12 dipes with 12 inserts for $63 or 12 dipes with 24 inserts for $24

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

well i buy alvas but they take weeks to come so that may not be a good choice lol. They run about $4-$5 a diaper and work better than the $20 Charlie Banana I bought at target.

ELFs_Mommy
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Sorry, I'm mobile so I can't do links.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Can you pass me a link to that group.

I just signed up for a trial where I get to rent different styles of dipes for 3 weeks. I paid $10 and I got 6 different kinds of diapers. At the end of the trial I have the option of buying them, but I probably won't buy them all.

I have 2 FuzziBunz and I will most likely return them. I also have 2 Bum Genius and 2 hybrid dipes.

I think I like the bum genius the best, but I'm not picky about brand names.

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I actually think its good to have a mix of brands. For example, I use Fuzzibunz in the morning until he poops because it rinses so easily. After that I use either Bum Genius or oh Katy because they hold more. I also have Itty Bitty Tutto which are totally cute to look at and never leak but a pain to rinse.

The moral of my story is that each brand has pros and cons so I mix them up depending on my need at that time.

Also, I use the Flip organic inserts in my Bumgenius at night since they hold 18 ounces. Once they stop pooping at night, its nice to find an I sett that works the whole night without leaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I LOVE my alvababy.com diapers!!!! They are about $5-6 a diaper and work better then my more expensive ones. I have switched to just using alvas!!
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I use prefolds and covers. Cottonbabies.com has a lot of diapers, and you can search etsy for adorable and cheap fleece and upcycled wool covers. I also use alvababy diapers since my husband doesn't like folding or using snappis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
We do best bottoms. (About 25 per "set, and one set is one shell and 3 liners). I love them. We were blowing out if everything before. I really like that you don't have to wash the shell until its dirty (which is usually after 3 wets or 1 poop). I started with 2 sets of them, being that I was a sahm at the time I did a load of dipes right before nap time and as soon as she went to bed. It worked for that. Then as we were saving money on not buying sposies I was able to pick up a few more. I'm up to 5 shells and 15 liners. She's 19 mo old and in the same size as she was 4momths! They have 3 shell liners. (Small, med, lg) she was about 14 lbs and in the medium size but I skipped and went to the lg sZ to start with (it started at 16lb I believe). I love the versatility in them! If we go for #2 I will only need to buy liners.

Eta the website is nickisdiapers.com. And most of the materials are made in the US.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM
My friend just told me that you can only order in large quantities on alvababy is that true?

Quoting micheledo:

I LOVE my alvababy.com diapers!!!! They are about $5-6 a diaper and work better then my more expensive ones. I have switched to just using alvas!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)