Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Positive breastfeeding experience

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Everyone is always telling their bad experiences with breastfeeding in public places. Well here is a good one! We took the family to the local NFL stadium for their family fun night to see the team do a preseason practice. My 10 month old was starting to get hungry and the stadium seats were less than comfortable to nurse in. So, I went off in search for a quiet comfortable place to nurse. I went to guest services and they were so great! They opened a suite for me to nurse him in. It was quiet and comfortable with comfy leather seats and I could watch all the action! I normally would just nuse whereever we are but with all the noise and people walking around I thought it would be better to find a private place so my little guy could relax and not be nosey and pull off everytime the crowd clapped or have to stop because someone needs to get out of the row. Not one person told me to go to the bathroom to do it. They even apologized that it took a few minutes to get the door unlocked. Also at our MLB stadium they have designated rooms that have leather chairs, pillows changing areas, sinks and a TV so you don't miss anything going on. Anyone else have any positive stories? I am tired of hearing all the negativity all the time!
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
That's pretty cool. I don't have any good stories, except for one time at the doctor's office. He said I must make excellent milk because ds was growing so well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdmooch
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM
That's great! It is always good to hear positive stories about doctors too!

Quoting polkaspots:

That's pretty cool. I don't have any good stories, except for one time at the doctor's office. He said I must make excellent milk because ds was growing so well.

steffiecox
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Wow that's awesome. I went to a wedding recently. The bathrooms in the church had a confortable couch where I could sit and nurse my dd.
3MusketeerMama
by Emma Rye on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I recently had one that was not a huge thing but made me happy all the same. While at a restaurant recently we were seated at a table and there was an older gentleman with his family at the other table. We kept talking back and forth about kids in general and he complimented us on our family. When I started nursing my daughter, he kept up the conversation as if there wasn't a child attached to me (and yes, he knew she was nursing because I don't use coverups and my shirt was obviously pulled up). It wasn't a "good for you" moment but his non-reaction felt like a win anyway!  :)

CafeMom Tickers
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I think those are the best reactions. Breastfeeding shouldn't be congratulated or praised, just accepted as a normal part of having a small child.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

I recently had one that was not a huge thing but made me happy all the same. While at a restaurant recently we were seated at a table and there was an older gentleman with his family at the other table. We kept talking back and forth about kids in general and he complimented us on our family. When I started nursing my daughter, he kept up the conversation as if there wasn't a child attached to me (and yes, he knew she was nursing because I don't use coverups and my shirt was obviously pulled up). It wasn't a "good for you" moment but his non-reaction felt like a win anyway!  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM
The only weird part was the inaccuracy of his statement. My milk isn't any different from any other mother's milk. It's not extra special or healthy.

Quoting Mdmooch:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mdmooch
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
On this site though people are always saying their doctors push formula and have negative comments. It is nice to hear someone's doctor said something positive! :-)

Quoting polkaspots:

The only weird part was the inaccuracy of his statement. My milk isn't any different from any other mother's milk. It's not extra special or healthy.

Quoting Mdmooch:

Quoting polkaspots:

GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I was sitting in the yard BFing the tot, and a neighbor man came to the gate then saw what I was doing. He paused then asked if he was interrupting or if he could come in for a chat.  I told him to come on in, and we had a nice conversation (and he kept his eyes on my face until DS2 finished his meal).

It was nice that he chose to behave normally instead of return later after we finished the feeding.

jessymoka
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM
My daughter first in office pediatrician visit after her birth... I was nursing her when our doc came in. I began to take her off the breast for her exam and our doc insisted I NOT stop our nursing session on account of her. It was great that she didn't feel her time was more important then my baby's needs. In addition before we left she told me to not rush out of the room after the visit... If my daughter needed to nurse more to feel free to stay in the room and continue nursing. Not being rushed out for another patient was marvelous!
Mdmooch
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM
That is really nice of him. Especially being a guy. Usually they are uncomfortable and that is great that he was comfortable to talk to you.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I was sitting in the yard BFing the tot, and a neighbor man came to the gate then saw what I was doing. He paused then asked if he was interrupting or if he could come in for a chat.  I told him to come on in, and we had a nice conversation (and he kept his eyes on my face until DS2 finished his meal).

It was nice that he chose to behave normally instead of return later after we finished the feeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN