Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Gotta love the lack of support

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
As some on here may know I'm bedrest for a spine injury. When I went to the ER they sent me home with no pain medication. I had to wait until I saw my family doctor to get something for the pain. My sil says to my face I should stop breastfeeding so I could've gotten medicine when I went to the ER. My baby is 2.5 months old. I may be having the worst pain I have ever felt in my life but I refuse to quit breastfeeding. Sil was saying I can't take anything. My family doctor found pain meds I can take, though it makes me drowsy still she thinks shouldn't be BFing my baby. I told her thanks for the support. I don't say anything about her FFing her baby.
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
3MusketeerMama
by Emma Rye on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

There are pain meds that you can take while nursing but they may not be as strong. After my c-section they gave me Norco which worked great for pain but made me constipated and my baby sleepy. I was on bed rest during the last few months of my pregnancy and it sucked. Maybe tell your SIL to mind her own business? It's your baby and I applaud your choice to continue to BF your child even with a debilitating injury.

CafeMom Tickers
steffiecox
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
My LOs always come first. I have a goal for breastfeeding and I'm sticking to it. My family doctor gave me somthing for the pain that is safe for me to take. Me and my sil normally get along great. But when it comes to breastfeeding vs formula feeding we disagree. She makes her negative comments about me breastfeeding and everytime it starts an arguement.

Quoting 3MusketeerMama:

There are pain meds that you can take while nursing but they may not be as strong. After my c-section they gave me Norco which worked great for pain but made me constipated and my baby sleepy. I was on bed rest during the last few months of my pregnancy and it sucked. Maybe tell your SIL to mind her own business? It's your baby and I applaud your choice to continue to BF your child even with a debilitating injury.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I know people like that. Why don't you just agree that baby feeding shouldn't be discussed anymore? It may be tense for a while, but eventually you'll both get used to avoiding that topic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I never bring up the topic but if someone tries to give me grief about it, then I'll say something.

Quoting polkaspots:

I know people like that. Why don't you just agree that baby feeding shouldn't be discussed anymore? It may be tense for a while, but eventually you'll both get used to avoiding that topic.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Then there's no getting around it. Some people are just difficult.

Quoting steffiecox:

I never bring up the topic but if someone tries to give me grief about it, then I'll say something.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

People just dont want to feel that you are doing "better" than they did for their babies.  They are judging you because of their own choices.  I have found the strongest voices against my nursing were moms who didnt nurse ttheir own babies.

isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM

There are narcotics you can take while bf. They gave me Percocet when I was in the hospital after I had my son, you can nurse with it. But it is addicting so be careful with any pain meds that strong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN