Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I made it!! First time mom! (tmi for some)

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 37 Replies
9 moms liked this

In this day and age, so many women are giving up on breastfeeding before they have even experienced it at all!

While I was pregnant, there many women who told me that nobody ever told them how painful breastfeeding was... Well, duh it's painful when you start! Your nipples aren't used to being sucked on and your breasts aren't used to being filled with milk! lol

When I started breastfeeding my newborn, it hurt so bad, but I knew that I was not going to give up because I wanted to give my baby the all important colostrum.

I have now been breastfeeding my son for 3 months!! Do you have any idea how accomplished I already feel?

I have gone through cracked and bleeding nipples, not having enough milk (or so it seemed), to being completely engorged... It has been a crazy journey.

And I thought I was going to be done at 3 months (that was my original goal)!

I have now set a new goal: Make it to 6 months! :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiminsean
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
23 months. I did like u, i set a goal of 6 mos then kept going. Now its a goal to wean. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this
That's great. I was so convinced I wouldn't be able to do it my first goal was breastfeeding at least until we left the hospital, so that we wouldn't be given formula, then it was 6 weeks. I've made it to a year and a half now, only six months left before I reach my final goal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

That is wonderful! Way to go!

Heymamashakeit
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
You can do it!
USM0MMY
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Thank you! I have faith that I can do it! :)

Quoting Heymamashakeit:

You can do it!

CafeMom Tickers
Nancy34
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I was the same way I set a goal of three months then six and now we are going on eight months . I am so glad I am able to do this for my baby
Drienne13
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Congrats! Well done. :)

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats awesome :)....
With my first things where so rough I had weekly goals!!! Every day I said "if it doesnt get better by next week Ill quit" Ya know what, every week it DID get better until we had no problems at all & was nursing champs :) She BF for 20months....
Zazayam
by Nicki on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Good for you! :)

3MusketeerMama
by Emma Rye on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM

That's so great! I recently made it to six months and it feels so good to reach those goals. New goal is a year and she is EBF and still going strong, even with only nursing on one side. Good for you, mama!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN