Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Im new! Looking for help and support!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi ladies! i hope you are all good tonight. I must admit im about to pull out my hair. Im having a very hard time staying with the breast feeding. My Son is nealry 2 1/2 months old and has been a big eater since the second he was born. He was born 9ib! and hasnt stopped growing. still is 95% in wight and hight. So there arnt any concerns about him getting enough BUT... Due to problems with my left side i can only feed on my right ( had same with my daughter, was able to feed her on 1 side for 6 months). I made it threw 3 week and 6 week growth spurts which was so hard. But now he wants to be attached nearly 24/7 for the last 3 days. Righty is so soar and hurting. Im also mentally exhausted from it. My daughter who is almost 3 is just begging for attention. But my son gets so fussy if i take him off. he just cries and cries. while trying to find the cause i realized he has 2...i repeat 2!! teeth coming in. So i know its due to pain and needing comfort. which explains why his ..bite..has gotten much worse. I just dont know what to do. im so ready to throwin the towel. But i dont want to. i was so mad i couldn't make it to a year with my daughter so i dont wanna give up. But between my pain, his pain, emotionaly exasted and time i just not sure i can keep going. im also just tired. he sleeps solid 6 hours from 7pm to 1 or 2 am but then he eats every 45 minutes until 6m and then he eats every hour and half. Iv been thinking of pumping but since he does eat so much im worried i wont pump enough! Please help ladies i feel so drained. Feel free to ask me anything. Sorry i didnt introduce my self i will do that once kids are in bed.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyTussand
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM

This is cadan at 2 months 1 week old!

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM
A sling or wrap is a must so you can nurse him and attend to your daughter. Treating the teething pain will stop the biting. Hyland's teething tablets and infant ibuprofen are quite effective for this. Co-sleeping will help you get through the nights. You've already seen by his diaper count that you can produce enough from one breast. He is likely headed into a growth spurt, so he will want to be nursing quite frequently for a few days. Be sure be is latching correctly. Teething babies' saliva can be irritating. Lanolin or coconut oil will help with the soreness and do not have to be wiped off before nursing. Hang in there--you're doing a terrific job!
GoodyBrook
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I took my LO in for a Chiropractic adjustment when he started cutting his teeth.  He was an absolute bear for the week before, and I was at my wit's end.  The Chiro "lasered" his jaws (not sure what the proper term is, but it's a machine that looks like a price-check gun from the supermarket).  The laser increased blood circulation, and literally the next day, his teeth popped through and he was a completely different baby. 

Today I took him in again for another "lasering."  He's acting like another tooth is coming through, and I don't want him to get as fussy as he was last time!

You might choose to call a Chiro and have them explain the process to you to decide if it's something you'd like to try with your LO!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Absolutely this!!!! I pretty much couldnt survive without my sling! I have three kids, expecting number four all 20months-3 yrs apart, it was a life saver!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

A sling or wrap is a must so you can nurse him and attend to your daughter. Treating the teething pain will stop the biting. Hyland's teething tablets and infant ibuprofen are quite effective for this. Co-sleeping will help you get through the nights. You've already seen by his diaper count that you can produce enough from one breast. He is likely headed into a growth spurt, so he will want to be nursing quite frequently for a few days. Be sure be is latching correctly. Teething babies' saliva can be irritating. Lanolin or coconut oil will help with the soreness and do not have to be wiped off before nursing. Hang in there--you're doing a terrific job!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
What a cutie btw!

Quoting KittyTussand:

This is cadan at 2 months 1 week old!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I never heard of that before! Intereting!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I took my LO in for a Chiropractic adjustment when he started cutting his teeth.  He was an absolute bear for the week before, and I was at my wit's end.  The Chiro "lasered" his jaws (not sure what the proper term is, but it's a machine that looks like a price-check gun from the supermarket).  The laser increased blood circulation, and literally the next day, his teeth popped through and he was a completely different baby. 

Today I took him in again for another "lasering."  He's acting like another tooth is coming through, and I don't want him to get as fussy as he was last time!

You might choose to call a Chiro and have them explain the process to you to decide if it's something you'd like to try with your LO!

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes try all this, minus the ibuprofen. No ibuprofen until 6 months of age.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

KittyTussand
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Wow lots of points thanks! 

I have a ring sling. Iv tried using it several times. but since no one has showed me or helped me out it just dont seem t work. iv watched youtube videos looked at photos.  and he just hates it and im so uncofortable. 

I was at walmart to day didnt see the hyland teething tables so i will try huckeberrys (natural store) this weekend. 

He sleeps in our room next to the bed in a basinet. But i refuse to lethim sleep with us due to the hot summer.  we have no ac and my hubby is a FURNACE!!  when hubby leaves for work and babe is fussy he "attaches" him and puts a pillow on the far side of the bed. which allows me to keep sleeping..but also confuses me a bit when i wake up.

Not looking forward to a growth spurtbut luckly hubby has next 2 days off so he has planned a fun day for our daugher (trip to park out for ice cream goign to MILs) so me and babe can rest and do what we need.  His latch is perfet but as you said the saliva may be whats making righty soar.  i got some cream today! thanks!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

CafeMom Tickers

KittyTussand
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Thanks i will talk to hubby about it. But since his insurance dosnt cover chiros we might just try teething tablets first and chew toys. if those dont work i might jsut be the way to go! 

Quoting GoodyBrook:

CafeMom Tickers

KittyTussand
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM

i have a ring sling but no matter what position i try he hates it and im uncomfy.  not sure what im doing rong. i thought he would like at least kangaroo hold but he just kept straighting his legs and refused to be bundled.  He is just like his sis. Forget swaddling or blankets. they both sleep all spread out! 

Quoting Precious333:

Absolutely this!!!! I pretty much couldnt survive without my sling! I have three kids, expecting number four all 20months-3 yrs apart, it was a life saver!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN