Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

is this normal?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 4 Replies
Im nursing my 20 mthold son and hes had a bad habit of pulling my nipple a lot and now my nipples stretch out a,lot. Is this normal or has he done some damage to them? will they ever be the same?
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Your nipples actually are more elastic when.nursing a toddler i read somewhere. Its a good thing too,.because those kids are crazy nursers! Lol
McM0609
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Yes!! He is very much a crazy nurser lol. I just hope they go back to normal once i stop mursing. Im beginning to think my nipples are broken :-(

Quoting Precious333:

Your nipples actually are more elastic when.nursing a toddler i read somewhere. Its a good thing too,.because those kids are crazy nursers! Lol

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this
They will recover. When he starts to pull, insert your little finger in the corner of his mouth to break the suction and unlatch him, tell him no, allow him to relatch correctly. If he does it again, end the nursing session. He will learn not to pull if you do this consistently.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Nope, not broken, they will go back to normal :)

Quoting McM0609:

Yes!! He is very much a crazy nurser lol. I just hope they go back to normal once i stop mursing. Im beginning to think my nipples are broken :-(

Quoting Precious333:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN