Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Stress affecting my pumping

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM
  • 10 Replies
So I have had a rough week. Dd one has a MRI on Friday,dd two has a appt with the dermatologist and just the stress of life. I pumped twice during my ten hour shift like I normally do and got one ounce in the span of a ten hour shift. Is stress a factor in such a low output. I normally do two to three ounces in a ten hour shift.
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Stress is a HUGE factor.

funhappymom
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yep, sounds like stress could be doing it. Are you able to pump an extra time during your shift?

sweetieiv
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Im sorry you are going through so much stress. I destress by listening to music. Maybe you should download some music on your phone and then listen to it whike you are pumping.
Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I could but I am afraid someone will take issue with it

Quoting funhappymom:

Yep, sounds like stress could be doing it. Are you able to pump an extra time during your shift?

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Sorry you are going through this momma, but yes, stress is a big factor, I guess more when we are able to pump twice a day. The music tip is a good one, looking at your baby's pictures while pumping is a good one too.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Can you pump in the morning before, during or after the first feeding? Do this on days you din't work, too. You can also eat steel cut oatmeal, or lactation cookies.
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Ohh yes stress almost killed my supply.
Mother milk tea,xtra water, oatmeal cookies, & upping my calorie intake with two snacks with nursing as much as ds would want & adding 3 more pumpings a day for a week really helped bring my supply back.

Steph_G.
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Stress is definately a factor. I always get a better output if I can just sit back and read a book than if I'm watching the clock or the bottles to see how it is going. Try setting a timer so you don't have to worry about getting back to work, and either just close your eyes and try to relax and not think about pumping or anything of importance at all or find something you can get really interested in so that your focus is on that instead (I generally read)

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I work overnights . I try to feed her before I leave and then again when I walk in the house like walk in the house and my shirt comes off like a jacket.lol. I don't pump on my days off she breastfeeds those days

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Can you pump in the morning before, during or after the first feeding? Do this on days you din't work, too. You can also eat steel cut oatmeal, or lactation cookies.
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM

What helped with me was attaching to the pump and closing my eyes and thinking about my baby.....I would get a huge let down. I know it can get stressful, try and relax for the 15 minutes you have to pump (easy to say I know).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN