Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Tell me I'm not alone!

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am currently mostly breastfeeding my almost 8 month old (BD 12-18-12). My lil guy wants to nurse what feels like ALL night long. Mostly for comfort, bc I don't think he is needing the actual feeding throughout the night. I was never able to nurse my other 2 this long, about 3 months for each of them so by now they were sleeping through the night (in their own crib too!). I am able to fall asleep while nursing, but still switch sides throughout the night and am awakened once he starts fussing if he's not right next to me. Ugh, how much i would love a full nights sleep. This is mostly just a vent. I really would love to be able to breastfeed until 1 year, although I am afraid he will never want to wean! So tell me ladies, am I alone with my boobie monster?

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM
We have been there too!
danichaos
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
It's just like that at our house too, except my lo is 19 months
Nonobeth
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:35 PM
That's how it is at night here.
except my son is 16 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not alone, keep in mind my EFF babies woke up more than my EBF ones so dont just blame it on the boobie lol

ShanaMomOf2
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Sounds like my 8 mo old:/ I feel like I have to switch him sides on me at least 6 times through night...interested to see if this will slow down as he gets older?

Mrs.Urquhart
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM

It does slow down for a little bit. This is just a mini growth spurt. He may not actually be nursing all night -- but he is helping boost your milk supply.

Nursing is hard. It sucks. I spent 15 months with no more than 2 hours of sleep at a time. No exagerration. But it's absolutely worth it, and by about a year, he'll tamper down to maybe once a night-- or none, if you offer a sippy of water. :)

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM

My 8 month old still nurses a lot through the night.  (:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Whenever you think you're alone, it's a 100% guarantee you are NOT. (Conversely, whenever you think everyone does this or that, you're generally going to be wrong. **grin**)

Death, taxes, and NEVER sleeping a full night again... the three guarantees of parenthood! (Mine turns 14 on Saturday. Years, that is. It's STILL always something!)

hopeandglory53
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM

We go two weeks of waking up every hour on the hour at night to nurse (so I don't get ANY sleep), then like 2 days of sleeping through the night, back to every hour waking up :/ Frankly, I'm tired and frustrated because of it. *whines* none of my other kids were like that :( By this age (which, btw, mine's about half a month older than yours), all my others were mostly sleeping through the night, if not maybe 1 waking a night. But then again, they all slept in their own bed by this age as well :/

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Same here

Quoting Nonobeth:

That's how it is at night here.

except my son is 16 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN