Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Spit Up

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM
  • 4 Replies

My baby is 5 weeks old and just started spitting up a few days ago. I think he may have had little spit ups before, but almost nothing that would go beyond his mouth. Now it's happening every day. He seems happy afterwards and not bothered, so I don't think he's sick. And I haven't been doing anything different. Still feeding on demand, but it seems like he is getting too much in his tummy? I think this is normal baby behavior, but I'm scared to overfeed him if it's going to come back up. And I find it weird that he wasn't spitting up before and now all of a sudden, it seems to have become a regular occurance?

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melindabelcher
by mel on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Sounds like a laundry problem. :)
JennyLee24
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM
My son is 3.5 wks and has been doing the same thing. My LC said it sounds like i have an overactive letdown and he eats so much so fast he just spits it back up. Its everytime i burp him he spits up and i have to burp alot on one breast and he still spits up. I hope this dont last forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Could be growth spurt, ravenous appetite and spitting up the excess.
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Normal. My son did it off and on. He still sometimes does and he is 14 months. Mine does it when I get home from work and he isn't hungry, just wants mommy. He will nurse for 1/2 hour then "burp"....puke! Just keep a burp rag in every room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN