Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Night weaning

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
During pregnancy, DS, 2, night weaned himself - maybe nursed 1-2 times a week at night. Well, now that baby is here he wants to nurse 1-2 times per night, takes like 45 min to fall back to sleep and went from waking up at 8:15 am to waking up at 6:30. So yesterday we made the rule that milkies go to sleep 10 pm-7 am (he falls asleep around 9:30, so he still gets then for sleep)

I think he's having the worst tantrum he's ever ha in his life, I feel so bad....but in already up with the baby nursing half the night (co-sleep with baby, toddler falls asleep in my bed then gets moved, sometimes comes to bed to sleep in the middle of the night, but used to just sleep through til 8 am).

How long will the tantrums last? DH is in charge of them.......but I can hear him crying :(. (It's 6:50 here so only 5 more min but like how many days until he stops?).

He has fallen asleep for DH in the middle of the night for most of my pregnancy - so DS is used to falling asleep with him.
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
It took 4 days for my ds to get used to it. I snuggled him but didn't nurse him when boobies were sleeping.
MrsNiko88
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Let me know when you find out....trying to night wean my daughter. Ahh!!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:44 PM

It will last as long as it lasts. There's really no way to gauge it. Some kids go from tantrums to finding other ways to "torture" the new addition who was much more fun in theory than reality. (Yeah, I was one of those kind of older sibs!)

He will get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN