Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Help!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 9 Replies
My son has had his two bottom teeth for a month now, but just today started biting while nursing (I think the tops are really close so he's wanting to chew more). I've been saying "ouch no biting" every time he does it, unlatching him at the same time... Is there anything else I can do? (The "ouch" is more my reaction cause it really hurts!)
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

When he bites, take him off and relatch. Third strike, put him down in a safe place for a few mintues. Then try again.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Unlatch and Firmly say No bite. Try your hardest not to smile or laugh when he does.
pinkfairy0206
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM
yeah like the other moms already said just take him off and say no, believe it or not my son only did this to me once and my girls never bit me!
Radellia
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Oh there's no smiling or laughing for sure... He's already broken skin when he chomped my finger.... Not real thrilled about that happening to my nipple! Those teeth are sharp!!!

Quoting mama-smurf:

Unlatch and Firmly say No bite. Try your hardest not to smile or laugh when he does.
Radellia
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Should I do the 3 strike if he's nursing after the relatch then bites or if he's biting immediately? (Or both?)

Quoting gdiamante:

When he bites, take him off and relatch. Third strike, put him down in a safe place for a few mintues. Then try again.

Radellia
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM
He was great the last month and never bit! I think it's because his top teeth are SO close...

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

yeah like the other moms already said just take him off and say no, believe it or not my son only did this to me once and my girls never bit me!
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Quoting Radellia:

If he bites the third time, I would end the session for about 30 minutes before offering again. Are you treating him for the teething pain?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Radellia
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Teething tabs, have got frozen teething toys also. He's had Tylenol today also... Been running a slight fever (had shots yesterday while is likely the culprit for that)

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Quoting Radellia:

If he bites the third time, I would end the session for about 30 minutes before offering again. Are you treating him for the teething pain?
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Any way you want. I would not make it a 30 minute wait; he won't et the association as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN