Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

nursing my two year old and my 12 month..and working alot this weekend and cant pump..

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

i will be working at a local pow wow..but i never said anything to anything abut being a bf mom..i will be working outside..i usually nurse my baby and tot alot..my two year old nurses alot..so..what can i do..i wont have a set lunch either..;\ whne i went back to work when my 7 year old was a baby and i stopped pumping because my co-workers sucked...and were mean about it..yes i know they are suppose to allow me time and a clean space to pump. but i dont wanna "rock the boat" its only a three day event..i will be working outdoors and wont have a locker to put my pump in.  i have a pretty pricey pump and dont want to take it w me..encase it rains..and i will be having my dh drop me off since parking is soo limited there...any advis eis helpful that is postive.thanx..<3 

AMY
BF mama to 4...Ivy-Rose 9 Arwinn 7 Lily-Anna 2 and Clara 10 months old. ~~~~~
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Will you be totally away from them those three days, or able to go home at night? If you will be back home at night, they will make up for what they missed during the day. Since they are both over a year, they should be fine with solids and water, and some kind of milk (cow, coconut, almost, hemp) if they want it. You may have to hand express if you get uncomfortable.
dancingthrulife
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:39 PM

o yeah..not living away for them..lol..working 3-11p tomorow..and 7am to 3p on sat and sunday 9am to 9pm..

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Will you be totally away from them those three days, or able to go home at night? If you will be back home at night, they will make up for what they missed during the day. Since they are both over a year, they should be fine with solids and water, and some kind of milk (cow, coconut, almost, hemp) if they want it. You may have to hand express if you get uncomfortable.

AMY
BF mama to 4...Ivy-Rose 9 Arwinn 7 Lily-Anna 2 and Clara 12 months old. ~~~~~
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
They should be fine. By that age, it's "out of sight, out of mind". If you get really full and fund it hard to hand express, ice bags will help.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM
With babies that old, the only issue you should have is engorgement. You'll probably want to hand express every few hours, but unless you're gone for a week, your supply will be perfectly fine.
My advice, hand express the first time before they start to hurt. I recently went 24 hours without my nursling and I waited until they hurt to hand express and my eyes were tearing up it hurt so bad. That was probably after 8 or so hours though, so you won't have that issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dancingthrulife
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM

working a double on Sunday..and i dont know when my breaks will be..i may have to wait a bit..;\ one person is doing the breaks..idk..

Quoting polkaspots:

With babies that old, the only issue you should have is engorgement. You'll probably want to hand express every few hours, but unless you're gone for a week, your supply will be perfectly fine.
My advice, hand express the first time before they start to hurt. I recently went 24 hours without my nursling and I waited until they hurt to hand express and my eyes were tearing up it hurt so bad. That was probably after 8 or so hours though, so you won't have that issue.

AMY
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM
That's the 12hr shift, right? That one might be a bit painful if your break is more than 6 hours in, but you can make tiny ice packs to put in your bra. I use saltwater in ziploc snack bags. They make things like that, but I've only used them a few times, so it's easier for me to use ziplocs

Quoting dancingthrulife:

working a double on Sunday..and i dont know when my breaks will be..i may have to wait a bit..;\ one person is doing the breaks..idk..

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM

THEY should be fine..I would be worried about mastitis for you though/, hand express?

K8wizzo
by Kate on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Hand express whenever you get your breaks and you should be okay.

Quoting dancingthrulife:

Quoting polkaspots:

dancingthrulife
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:55 PM

i plan on it..;p 

Quoting K8wizzo:

Hand express whenever you get your breaks and you should be okay.

Quoting dancingthrulife:

Quoting polkaspots:

AMY
collinsmommy0
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree hand express - you'll probably end up expressing a lot with 2 kids nursing! My concern would be the bathroom situation - aren't a lot of those just have outhouses? So search out a clean bathroom or a private area to express
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN