Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I DID IT!!!

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this
I stood up to GMIL AAAND SO is going to talk to her to not question what i do with Autumn! Dd1 going to MIL house and GMIL was going to take her (MIL lives 4 or so hours away). Well i refused to let trinity (dd1) go with her without her carseat. She bitched she was behind because i refused to let her ride ib her nephews high back booster. She asked me why? I told her the harnesz isnt safe for child her age. Children have been ejected from their seat because no strap to secure them. She said oh ok, didn't know that.

Then she asks so what does Autumn eat? I reply boobie. Ahe goes besides that. I reply nothing. I rarely feed her food. Then she does the head shake like hoq cartoon characters do and goea WHAAAT she needs it. I reply no. Breastfed babies DO NOT need baby food before 1. My milk, unlike formula, gives her everything she needs. Then the question....

When are yiu going to wean? Oh im letting hee self wean even if its 2 or 3.

YOURE GOING TO LET A BIG BABY BOG AS TRINITY HANG OFF YOUR TIDDY!!!!!

I reply

Yes. Its good fod her. Ill pump when i go back to work. She shook her head and said thats gross. I told her. No its not. Its natural. And im going to do it. I took Autumn and left. I told SO what she said and he said after work he will talk to her and not question what i do. He's now seeing its normal. Sees difference in other 2 kids and Autumn and says not as bad as he thought and tells me she needs boob not food now bit once in while says babe nurse her please so i can feed her. He thinks its cute now because she will smile while nursing and get distracted loo
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennyLee24
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Good for u momma! Im having an issue with my mom telling me that i need to give my ds who is only 4wks formula!! For absolutely no reason at all other than she thinks formula has something better in it or more fatty than breast milk. She said, " You need to give him formula ever now and then" im like why? He dont need that. Mom is so pro-formula and im so not! She said, "Well i wanna feed him.." She even bought formula to have at her house. I told her i would pump a bottle if she wanted to feed him..makes me mad that she thinks formula is somehow better. He's gaining weight so well and has no more issues with his iron levels. His lowest weight was 6.3 and now hes 9lbs 22in long at 4wks old. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Wtf sounds like what I'm dealing with. Why can't people just butt out and stop trying to parent others?

Quoting JennyLee24:

Good for u momma! Im having an issue with my mom telling me that i need to give my ds who is only 4wks formula!! For absolutely no reason at all other than she thinks formula has something better in it or more fatty than breast milk. She said, " You need to give him formula ever now and then" im like why? He dont need that. Mom is so pro-formula and im so not! She said, "Well i wanna feed him.." She even bought formula to have at her house. I told her i would pump a bottle if she wanted to feed him..makes me mad that she thinks formula is somehow better. He's gaining weight so well and has no more issues with his iron levels. His lowest weight was 6.3 and now hes 9lbs 22in long at 4wks old. :)

newwifenmom
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Glad you stood up to her.

TaylorMom814
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you! My LO is just a month and I have already gotten plenty of unwanted advice from in laws. It's my kid I will do what I think is best, k thanks :)
gumeshoe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Don't ya feel so much better! :)

Biting your tongue takes a toll on you.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Yes!!! I hope that they start respecting you from now on!
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Yes. It shut her up. And what's even better is SO stands up for me. He's like couple minutes to nurse her and she's back asleep. Wow, it also calms and soothes her real fast. With trinity she was grumpy baby 24/7. Autumn such happy baby.

Quoting gumeshoe:

Don't ya feel so much better! :)

Biting your tongue takes a toll on you.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Me too

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Yes!!! I hope that they start respecting you from now on!

destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I'm lucky my soon to be in laws are supportive now... They'd rather make me happy and they get to babysit. Mad mommy means mad in laws. Lol.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Lol wanna trade!

Quoting destiny3513:

I'm lucky my soon to be in laws are supportive now... They'd rather make me happy and they get to babysit. Mad mommy means mad in laws. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)