Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Tongue tie clipped

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

Heres to hoping it'll help alot..still have a lip tie.  Midwife isnt trained to clip lip ties so it woud mean finding a doctor, so for now putting it to the test with no TT.  Seems to be better already.  A few days will show how it goes.

by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Hope it all works out. You probably already know this, but the problem with the lip tie is tooth decay down the road and possible speech problems. Someone on this board will help you with information if and when you decide to get the lip tie clipped.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I second this. My 5 yr old ds has a bad lip tie and he started talking at 3 years old and his teeth are messed up. :-( he still cant talk clear.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Hope it all works out. You probably already know this, but the problem with the lip tie is tooth decay down the road and possible speech problems. Someone on this board will help you with information if and when you decide to get the lip tie clipped.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM

It doesnt go down far enough to hinder teeth thank god, my midwife couldnt clip it herself and no one in this town clips them while baby is awake...I refuse to have my kiddo knocked out.  If only I lived in NY, my friend works with Kotlow

Quoting MusherMaggie:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM

If only you could visit NY and go to Kotlow!

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Pippi's didn't go down all the way at first either, but it did later.  Now her teeth are pretty bad :/  The decay stopped once Dr K did it properly though!  So just keep an eye on it

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

It doesnt go down far enough to hinder teeth thank god, my midwife couldnt clip it herself and no one in this town clips them while baby is awake...I refuse to have my kiddo knocked out.  If only I lived in NY, my friend works with Kotlow

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)