Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first born

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 17 Replies

A little background my husband and I both had a child from a previous relationship,  we both have full custody of our children, we are now happily married and we added a new addition to our family.

So when I had my son I was 19 in a bad relationship and very stressed! I stopped breastfeeding him at 2 months. I didn't know the wonderful benefits of breastfeeding. So now I'm going on 7 months of breast feeding my daughter and I have no plans to stop anytime soon. I feel soo guilty because I have such a wonderful bond with my first born I just wish I breastfed him for as long as he wanted:/

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this

There will always be something you wish you've done. But instead of dwelling on the things that did not happen, look at what DID. There's no sense in dwelling on a past that cannot change. Take the lesson, apply it to the future and carry on.

Dwelling on the past can make you miss the present. Look at what you're doing NOW, because you're doing so well!

ashleygiani3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM

thats true thank you!  At least he is a happy healthy boy. I need to look at the positives!

baby_girl2013
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Have you found it to be beneficial for yourself and baby other than just the bonding?  Sorry I'm kind of curious I'm pregnant with my first and I'm wanting to breastfeed.

CafeMom Tickers
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Dont feel guilty, we do the best we can with the info and support we have. I didnt BF my older 2 long..like weeks..but my 3rd weaned at 3.5 years and my 4th is stil nursing at just past 3 years. My 5th is now 4 weeks and nursing. I used to feel guilty but now that my older 2 are 9 and 11 we talked about it and they said well you tried and you didnt know how important it was. WHen you know better you do better right mom? Made me feel better and the guilt it gone.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
BFing forces me to sit down and relax with my newborn, it makes me not overdo it. It also helps with my uterus shrinking back down to normal size. It helps my hormones and keeps me in a positive mood because of the happy hormones released by BFing. I got severe PPD after the child I only BF for about 5 weeks..no PPD with the following 3 kid who were EBF
Quoting baby_girl2013:

Have you found it to be beneficial for yourself and baby other than just the bonding?  Sorry I'm kind of curious I'm pregnant with my first and I'm wanting to breastfeed.

ashleygiani3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Well besides the bonding which is awesome. Breastfeeding is soo much easier and cheaper you don't have to worry about having bottles, formula and water on you when your out. Also at night time you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to make a bottle. It was really hard to get my son off the bottle he wouldn't take a sippy cup so it was a struggle to get him off the bottle at 2.

Quoting baby_girl2013:

baby_girl2013
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Thanks!  Any information I can get about it from people that have done it is helpful, it's alot different than reading things given to you by a docs office!

Quoting ashleygiani3:

Well besides the bonding which is awesome. Breastfeeding is soo much easier and cheaper you don't have to worry about having bottles, formula and water on you when your out. Also at night time you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to make a bottle. It was really hard to get my son off the bottle he wouldn't take a sippy cup so it was a struggle to get him off the bottle at 2.

Quoting baby_girl2013:

CafeMom Tickers
ashleygiani3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Yeah it's hard I know I missed out on something really special with him. aww your kids are so sweet that even makes me feel better haha! Its also nice knowing someone else felt how I feel. How old are all your kids? We want 5 kids someday lol

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Dont feel guilty, we do the best we can with the info and support we have. I didnt BF my older 2 long..like weeks..but my 3rd weaned at 3.5 years and my 4th is stil nursing at just past 3 years. My 5th is now 4 weeks and nursing. I used to feel guilty but now that my older 2 are 9 and 11 we talked about it and they said well you tried and you didnt know how important it was. WHen you know better you do better right mom? Made me feel better and the guilt it gone.

ashleygiani3
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

yeah soo true! Your getting close to your due date! are you excited?

Quoting baby_girl2013:

Thanks!  Any information I can get about it from people that have done it is helpful, it's alot different than reading things given to you by a docs office!

Quoting ashleygiani3:

Quoting baby_girl2013:

baby_girl2013
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I am to an extent.  I'm looking forward to meeting my baby girl and being done with all the crap she's given me internally and whatnot.  She's gonna have mommy's attitude I know it!

Quoting ashleygiani3:

yeah soo true! Your getting close to your due date! are you excited?

Quoting baby_girl2013:

Quoting ashleygiani3:

Quoting baby_girl2013:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)