Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No, it's not because he's bf.

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
I have a 2 week old & a 2 year old. DH has been home since baby was born. I had a c-section, mostly recovered, then got a staph infection on my incision - so I got sick again & now am on strong antibiotics that make me nauseous.

Okay, so after all that for my 2 year old to deal with, DH likes to go out w/DS to try and give me a break each day. So they are out of the house even more than normal, places that aren't our normal routine but still fun (the bay to fly a kite, farmers market, etc).

Well the toddler is a.....toddler. I think he's doing awesome with all the changes but DH thinks he has too many tantrums (maybe 3-4 a day, usually last less than a few minutes, every once in a while he gets really upset though - normal for a 2 year old) & he no longer wants to go anywhere unless baby bro & I are with him. Normal, right?

DH thinks he is too dependent because he wants to stay with me......and thinks all he wants to do is nurse (he does nurse often but that's because he sees baby bro doing it & joins in).

Anyways just wanted to whine - it's not because he's breastfed still, it's because he's 2 & there have been a ton of changes in the last few weeks
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Oh right I forgot to mention....DS is a mess today....because Dh let him have orange sorbet last night & he's mildly allergic to oranges.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Its just his character for the time being. It will change. I have seen ff kids act horrible. 

Momsthename0609
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I agree with you, my two year old is very attached to me. He weaned before I had his brother so it has nothing to do with nursing. All of my boys were like that at 2 and none of them were nursing still at 2. Lol With exception to my oldest who I weaned at 6 months all my boys weaned themselves before I gave birth to their sibling.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

You're right... It has nothing to do with him nursing and everything to do with all of the changes in his world!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
If you think 2 is tough, wait until the 3's. ;-) It would be stranger if the toddler *didnt* have occasional tantrums.
KatieFlower
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I agree with mostly Maydays ^^ threes were worse for me than the two for both of my kids
SeattleBabyBump
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Sounds like you hubby is just not used to being alone with a 2 year old! It sounds normal to me and has nothing to do with bf. Agreed.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I think its because he is adjusting to being a brother and doesnt want his baby bro to get more attention from you than he does.  My older 2 kids were mostly FF and still acted this way.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Aww! Poor ds has sooooo much to adjust to right now! Definitely has nothing to do with how he was fed lol ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
BTW, probiotic and ginger tea or capsules will help with the nausea from the antibiotic, and the probiotic may keep you from getting thrush (yeast), too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)