Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding & Implanon

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been breastfeeding for 13mo without a period. I am getting Implanon on Monday. I'm assuming I'll start a period because of the birth control... Did you breastfeed, get on implanon, and continue to not have a period? I hope that's my case. lol

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rfhsure
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I don't know about the implanon, but I started taking the mini pill and still haven't gotten my period yet at 6 months. The implanon is a much higher dosage of hormones though.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Hormonal birth control can kill your milk supply if it contains estrogen. In particularly sensitive women, even progesterone-only birth control can cause a drop in supply.
BoxxyBabee
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Ok... irrelevant to my post...

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Hormonal birth control can kill your milk supply if it contains estrogen. In particularly sensitive women, even progesterone-only birth control can cause a drop in supply.

Emadele
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I had 1 just before getting it placed and haven't had any since. I got mine in January I think.
No issues bf or with supply.
Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM
It's partially relevant since implanon is hormonal. I'm not sure about your op though. I was going to get nexplanon but at that appt is when I got my bfp. Nexplanon is the current version of implanon that was created because of lawsuits from implanon.

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Ok... irrelevant to my post...

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN