Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing someone Else baby

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: will u be comfortable nursing another women's baby

Options:

will u be comfortable to pump for someone else baby

will u be uncomfortbale to milkshare while pump or direct from tap

yes i love nursing i will be nursing any hungry baby whose need milk but with consent of mom

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

hi Friends.do anyone have Breastfeed any other baby than someone else baby whether it may be paid wetnursed or helping some needy hungry baby.Please share your experience of wetnursing or cross nursing.
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I haven't nursed anyone else's baby, because I haven't known any babies that needed to be nursed. I would though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hnischke
by Heather on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:21 AM
I've pumped for two other babies. If there was a need to nurse a baby that wasn't mine I would. As long as mom asked/gave permission. I wouldn't want to cross any lines. That being said I don't know how to make a bottle of formula so it would be easier on me lol.
chickensmommy
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:53 AM
I offered to nurse my niece (she's 4 weeks older than DS). My sister was horrified and told me I'm gross.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM
My best friend & I nursed each other's babies when she kept mine once and I kept hers once.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 8:03 AM
That's a weird reaction.

Quoting chickensmommy:

I offered to nurse my niece (she's 4 weeks older than DS). My sister was horrified and told me I'm gross.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chickensmommy
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I know! My niece is BF too. I found it odd.

Quoting polkaspots:

That's a weird reaction.

Quoting chickensmommy:

Andy15
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I would if I had to for any reason... I wouldn't offer, unless it's like a PP said about a friends baby being bf too, etc.

PrincessGemini
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I have nursed my nephew, with my sisters permission. I used to babysit him and she would leave pumped milk, but some days she worked later than others and the milk she left didn't always last long enough, so she told me that if I ever need to I can nurse him. My nephew was born 6 weeks premature and also had gastrochisis (born with his intestines on the outside of his body) and he ended up spending 2 1/2 months in the nicu, so he has a very fragile digestive system, and she said she would much rather know he is getting breastmilk, even from another woman, than being given formula or baby food since it would probably be very rough on his delicate digestive system.

Quen
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I've nursed a friends baby once (for the hell of it) and I've had two other women nurse DD before.

It's no big deal to me. :P

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have donated milk before and I have nursed someone elses babies before though not much.  I prefer no one else to nurse MY baby unless its really needed because of a jealousy thing I guess but if it came down to it I would be ok with someone else nursing mine too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN