Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

14 months in and I'm in pain! HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:33 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have had thrush before so when I started having nipple pain I figured that's what it was. So I've treated myself with GV for 4 days on and 3 days off, then the pain was still there (or not gone) so I treated myself for more days with GV. Finally I gave up on GV and decided i might just need Lansinoh, so I treated myself with that... STILL in pain. My nipple on one side is cracked, has now bled, is WHITE. It's only sore initially when my DD drinks, not like my first round with thrush where I had a stabbing pain through my breast into my back. After feedings its very tender. My other nipple is also sensitive, but not quite as bad.

I've treated myself now with Coconut oil, but this morning gave that up! I'm disheartened, quitting BF-ing is not an option. DD is teething (4 molars are cutting), so figuring it might have something to do with that? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I don't know if I have thrush or a milk blister, if I should just call it a day and go to the doctor (not looking forward to a man looking at my boobs! LOL) But I need to get a handle on this as it has been more than a month and I'm so over it!

I just want my nipples back, PLEASE help!

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Getting new teeth will certainly affect her latch. Some extra support with a pillow to help her position, or trying different positions, should help. Also, did you treat her for thrush as well? If it was present, she could have it without showing symptoms. Look up milk blister on kellymom.com--there will be information on what one is, and how to treat it.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Teething saliva can sometimes irritate mom's nipples.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
freemane
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Any heat or swelling? If so, I'd definitely see a doctor. If not, maybe alternate hot and cool compresses, long warm shower, and give the cracked nipple a day off?
And saliva will irritate it so rinse after nursing!
Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)