Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting mad while nursing

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 26 Replies
Ok so i'm stumped on what's wrong, serenity just turned 7 months, she does get a little baby food about 2-3 times a day but I never give her much and its always after nursing. but i've noticed over the past week she will start to nurse then let go and start crying, I re latch her she takes a couple sucks and lets go and cry's, she will do this a few times before I either give up and switch sides or she just gives up and keeps sucking but its making me want to cry not knowing why she is doing this. Sometimes I will try to express some and most of the time I will get a few streams that fly pretty far but sometimes I get noting at all. I nurse her on demand and sometimes even before she shows any cues, ill lay on the floor with her and just keep a boob out so she will take a few sucks then play then come back for a bit more lol other than that she nurses almost every 2 hours and at night she nurses every 2-3 hours. Plus I drink a lot of water and I take 6-9 fuenegreek pills a day. I just don't know what's happening and its hard to watch her do this and not know what's wrong. Any idea's?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadiasMomma
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Teething!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM
My son started this. I tried new positions and it helped.
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Quoting SadiasMomma:

Teething!

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

mehaffiesub
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM
My dd did this when she was teething.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Teeth. 99.9% certainty. The misery starts long before you see or feel anything in the mouth. Any drooling? Gnawing of hands? OIf so, teething remedies before nursing.

divinedimension
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM

It's probably Thrush, an infection in her mouth. Take her to the doctor to check and they'll give her something for it and all then goes back to normal

carranzasfaith
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Thats kinda what i was thinking but was also worried maybe supply. I have been thinking the past few days she may be teething, shes more craby, shes more clingy, trying to gnawing on anything and everything but she has not been drooling more than normal. It still just tears at my heart. Ive been trying those teething tablets but im afraid to give her what the reccomended dose so i just give her one maybe twice a day.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Most likely not... mama hasn't described any symptoms of thrush. :)

Quoting divinedimension:

It's probably Thrush, an infection in her mouth. Take her to the doctor to check and they'll give her something for it and all then goes back to normal

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carranzasfaith
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM

there is no pain and she dont do it every time she nurses

Steph_G.
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM

That sounds like how my 4 month old acts when he's over tired, but if it's happening often it seems it would be something more consistent like teething. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)