Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby poo question

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 8 Replies
This is the most success I've had ebf and am not sure what to look for output wise from ds. He is a week and two days and today he had a massive blow-out of poo that had a gravy consistency. It wasn't the consistency that caught me off guard it was the color. It was bright orange. Up till now they've been kind of broen mustard colored. Is this normal?
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Hmmm, if he's not eating anything yet it could be a prob. Idk. Maybe call the Dr just in case. The color is what I'm concerned about.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM
There is a wide range of normal. You don't want black or white.
MommyO2-6631
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Poop comes in many many colors. I would only worry if it was black, white, or bloody.
LorinLizziesMom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM
We have an apt tomorrow. I'm going to ask the dr too.

Quoting destiny3513:

Hmmm, if he's not eating anything yet it could be a prob. Idk. Maybe call the Dr just in case. The color is what I'm concerned about.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Orange is within the range of very normal and was typically the color of my ebf babies' poop.  The colors to worry about are black, white, and bloody--those warrant a call when you see 2 of them in a row (though I would call after the first one for white, personally... that's fully white poop not just undigested white chunks of milk).

Quoting destiny3513:

Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM
When I asked about odd poo color when my son was bitty, the doctor said that any "earth tones" aka yellow, brown, orange, green were not concerning with no other signs of a problem. Good luck.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Yes, totally. And congratulations on your new little one!
LorinLizziesMom
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Thanks ladies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)