Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous..

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I just joined this group becouse I will be bf this baby. (4th pregnacy and will be 6th kid as my hubbys 2 boys live with us full time) I bf my oldest for almost 6 months, I was 18 (i pumped so he would have it while I was finishing highschool) then when I had my 2nd (4 years latter) I only bf for about 2 weeks and I felt so guilty for it. by the time I had my 3rd my ex hubby had left me I was in the middle of putting myself threw nursing school and trying to work full time I just felt like I couldnt bf so she was ff from the start. now almost 7 years after having my daughter (thinking I would never get married again let alone have another baby) I am just weeks from my due date. The plan is to bf as long as I can... no set date to stop. The lactation consultant has been a huge help but I am still very nervous about it all. I remember it being wonderful with my first one but with my 2nd it was pure pain.. idk what I was doing wrong but it didnt help that I had no support from anyone. The hubby is very excited that I will be bf (at first I was unsure and hes a big supporter of bf) so I have his support and (now being older and wiser) have a better circle of friends to help. I dont really have a question just wanted to know if anyone else was ever nervous about bf. 

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I think all of us have been nervous about it; I know I have.  You're not alone!  Good luck, Mama!

gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

If one isn't nervous about every aspect of parenting, something's wrong! **grin** I've never known a mom NOT to be nervous.

shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:24 AM
Sure was. My DS2 I had to wean at 7 weeks due to some horrible information from "medical professionals". Then when we found out we were expecting again, almost 2 years later, I became very nervous. I decided then I was going to exclusive pump. When she was born the nurses told me to at least nurse her until my milk came in and then if I still wanted to pump they would bring me a pump. I nursed her for 22 months and only pumped at work. Now I'm nursing DS2 and I'm very thankful for not only this group but for that nurse when I had my DD. if she had just brought me a pump it would have been a very different story.
SadiasMomma
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids are almost 7 years apart and dd was successfully breastfed for 18 months but I was still nervous when ds was born. Hes 15 weeks now and its been smooth sailing. Like riding a bike!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdychick
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I am nervous about everything this time around.. You would think it was my 1st not 4th lol 

Quoting gdiamante:

If one isn't nervous about every aspect of parenting, something's wrong! **grin** I've never known a mom NOT to be nervous.

Hannahsmommy816
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM

hi and welcome! i am nervous too, as dd3 is due very soon and she will be my first to be EBF. i tried with dd1 and pumped for 3wks, didnt realize i shouldnt pump then....dd2 i didnt bf and pumped about a week. i will always have regrets too. i have one local friend who is a big supporter....dh is..well idk we havent talked about it. 

gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM

It is the foolish human who isn't fearful EVERY time. It's a new experience every time. Forget you ever had a baby before. **grin**

Quoting nerdychick:

I am nervous about everything this time around.. You would think it was my 1st not 4th lol 

Quoting gdiamante:

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:59 AM
This is so true!
Quoting gdiamante:

It is the foolish human who isn't fearful EVERY time. It's a new experience every time. Forget you ever had a baby before. **grin**

Quoting nerdychick:

Quoting gdiamante:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)