Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help/advice

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
Ok so I had my daughter July 16th of this year and breastfeed her as well she's 7 weeks old. Me and my boyfriend decided that it was safe to resume our sex life and we didn't have a condom and my cousin and a few others had mentioned that if I breastfed her that my body didn't produce a hormone required to ovulate. Now I know it wasn't a very brilliant idea and we didn't have a condom but he finished inside me and is now worried I'm pregnant again. Can anyone give me some kind of advice please? I'm 17 years old in case ur wondering.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Gina on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:13 PM

You've got a reduced chance of being pregnant, but the chance is still there. If you dson't want to be pregnant NO SEX WITHOUT BIRTH CONTROL.  Period. If he says he'll duymp you for making him wear a condom, LET HIM DUMP YOU.

Real Men wear rubbers. Those who refuse aren't grown up enough to be having sex. (They can COMPLAIN about it but refusal is not allowed.)

You will need to take a pregnancy test. You don't say when you did the deed, but take a test at least two weeks after that date.

maggiemom2000
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM

If you are exclusively breastfeeding, baby is less than 6 months old, and you have not started your peiods yet, then there is less than a 2% chance of you getting pregnant.

Notice it is not 0%!

Breastfeeding does supress ovulation, but you don't know for how long. The younger you are, the earlier you are likely to get it back. 

If you don't want to get pregnant, then you'll want to use birth control.

Justice_Page
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Thanks so much this helped a lot!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)