Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cradle Cap

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

My DD has cradle cap and suggestions on how to get rid of it?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Gentle shampoo and coconut oil used with a really soft baby hair brush to "scrub"
mama_of_two87
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Johnsons makes a great coconut baby oil in gel form- it was the only thing that worked for DS, and the gel makes it less messy.
SadiasMomma
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM
I used 4oz of pumped breast milk and a soft bristle brush! Flakes came right off like magic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michelles89
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:51 AM
I used coconut oil with my dd and a natural cradle cap cream I found at Walmart both worked wonders when she'd get it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM
In my experience, time is the only sure cure. We tried every remedy and my boys still had it until they were about 3.5 years old. It gets better as time goes on. We did remove the scales frequently but they kept coming back until we hit that magical age.
Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I used olive oil and a fine tooth comb.
LgraceMe
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Yep, this was my DD as well.

Quoting K8wizzo:

In my experience, time is the only sure cure. We tried every remedy and my boys still had it until they were about 3.5 years old. It gets better as time goes on. We did remove the scales frequently but they kept coming back until we hit that magical age.

confused632
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I use baby oil and a fine tooth comb....out of 4 critters ages 6 years to 10 months we are still fighting it.  My 6 year old still has a few spots but it is getting better.  Main thing I have found is to keep their heads washed daily or every other day and it helps.  But with my oldest 2 being sensory kids I cannot do that so.....we are still fighting it....Dandruff shampoo works well as well. I try to use it at least 1x a week and it will keep it off.....but my son doesn't like the smell of it and fights me......lol

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
All 4 of mine had cradle cap, though it only lasted us months, not years. I tried olive oil, breastmilk, soft baby brushes. I don't think there is a "cure all"; when it gets better it gets better and people might think something they did helped clear it up when it had really just run its course anyway.

Quoting K8wizzo:

coffeemom37043
by Dare on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I went to CVS and got this stuff called Mustela Dermo-Pediatrie For Cradle Cap. It was $14 but her cradle cap was stubborn so we had to try this. It was gone in 2 days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)