Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

supply low

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

Anyone help please I've been exclisively BF my almost eight month old baby, I was able to pump daily 6oz and feed her through the day without any problem my supply seemed pretty much good, about a month ago I noticed a drop my supply doesn't seem to be the same her diaper count is good but my pumpng dropped dramatically from 6oz daily it went to 3oz every other day or every third day I tried daily and I only get about two ounces is this normal she is teething could that be it and she is refusing solids as well that's why I am worried help please how to increase my supply I want to go up to 18 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shortyali
by Alicia on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:04 AM
So your nursing and pumping?
If so then our supply is fine. Pump output decreases over time. Also all pump output tells you is how well you respond to a pump. Is there a reason your pumping?
The only way to gauge your supply is by diapers output. If those decrease drastically then look into boosting your supply.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Normal pump output for a MISSED feeding is 0.5 to 2 oz from both breasts combined. You are still getting the high end of normal even without missing a feeding. No worries about supply.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
If diapers are fine then supply is fine. The only thing that has changed is your pump response. It's expected for pump response to decrease the older baby gets. But baby is much better at removing the milk than a pump.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Are you working?
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM

This. Just keep feeding on demand and the supply will work itself out. Also, don't forget that babies get very active and go through various phases. Is she nursing less due to other distractions?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

If diapers are fine then supply is fine. The only thing that has changed is your pump response. It's expected for pump response to decrease the older baby gets. But baby is much better at removing the milk than a pump.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Do nothing but put her to breast. No bottles unless you're not there. Your pump[ output is fine and the dipes indicate there is no problem except one of perception.

You're perfect and don't even know it.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:10 AM

THIS and what everyone else said!

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN