Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thrush?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 2 Replies
Anyone ever deal with this before? I recently thought I had a partial blocked duct because one side of my breast was hurting and lumpy. Then a day later I had a small white 'bleb' on the nipple. Everything I read seemed to indicate that it was just the end of the blockage. That's since disappeared but I'm still having a painful burning sensation when he nurses for the first few mins. I don't see any spots in his mouth and its not affected him at all (so far)... Could this be thrush on me? Or does it just take awhile for a bleb/pain to go away? How do I treat if it is thrush? I have fluconazole pills I was given during pregnancy...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
confused632
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM

It sounds like a bleb and mine turned into a bleeding crack nipple that took about a week to clear.....and yes baby's stools turned BLACK from the blood.  Hot shower or compress just before feeding.  I also pumped that side to try and get the clot out (plus let it rest from his latch...)  Are you running a fever or have any swelling on that side or redness on the boob?  If you get a fever or start feeling ill get to the dr because it has progressed into mastitis......If you can "air dry" your nipple do so.  Put some breast milk on it too and just let it dry on there before covering back up.  Change feeding positions as well help me too.

Good luck.

confused632
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Also if you get thrush, use probiotics and not the meds.....the nystatin makes it worse and the fluconazole never helped either.  Vinegar water (half vinegar half water) dabbed on nipples and air dry works well.  Also I found that using nursing pads caused our thrush.....never had a problem with my first 2 kids but had it with my 3rd and 4th and it was the brand of pads I was given (different than the ones I used before).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)